Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS print-out

Hi,
    When I print out EFS code, I get proportional font for some reason. How can I change it to a fixed-with one (Courier, f.e)? I tried to change the font in the editor, but it does not seem to affect the printout.

Also, are there any EFS-compatible freeware documenters out there?

Thanks!

I use the scite text editor which works well for me. I have Instructions for installation along with a keyword listing in my fileshare area. Now this does not have the all the diagnostics of the eSignal editor, but it highlights the eSignal keywords and fits the bill for me. The printouts will contain the line numbers and are very nice IMHO. Here is the link Text editor

I have the fonts in the user files set up for my preference. Following the applications help menu and web links will provide guidance on how to change the fonts to your preference.
    Last edited by ; 05-07-2004, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Steve...

Thanks for the Scite recommendation. It looks pretty useful. I can't, however, get the keyword properties files working correctly.

The cpp.properties from your file share doesn't appear to be any different than the cpp.properties that comes with the Scite installation. The description of this file at your file share says the files includes "~ 95% of efs keywords". I see the keywords in the SciTEUser.properties file but not in the little 11k cpp.properties file. Do you have the correct file uploaded to your file share?

On the other hand, it appears that the EFS keywords are listed in the SciTEUser.properties file in your file share. But when I copy it into my Scite directory, it doesn't appear to be used when I load up an EFS file.

Do you know what I am doing wrong in trying to get your properties files to work?

Comment

Foz,

The SciTEUser.properties file has that info there as that was my first attempt at putting them in, but alas, they did not work. The cpp.properties file is where they are grabbed from.

Open the cpp.property files from SciTE within the program with the OPTIONS menu.

Open the file downloaded from the web and overwrite the cpp.property files from SciTE and then save it.

Do the same thing with the SciTEUser.properties file.

I am thinking that the program is looking at a different location for them. The keywords are in the cpp.property files go from line 165 to 235.

Let me know if that works out.

Regards,

Steve

Comment

Do you have the correct cpp.properties file uploaded to your file share? Or what am I doing wrong? I've attached the file I get when I download the file at your file share (renamed so I could attach it). Lines 165 to 175 (for example) look like the following and don't appear to have anything to do with EFS keywords:

style.cpp.2=$(colour.code.comment.line),$(font.cod e.comment.line)
          # Doc comment
          style.cpp.3=$(colour.code.comment.doc),$(font.code .comment.doc)
          # Number
          style.cpp.4=$(colour.number)
          # Keyword
          style.cpp.5=$(colour.keyword),bold
          # Double quoted string
          style.cpp.6=$(colour.string)
          # Single quoted string
          style.cpp.7=$(colour.char)
          Attached Files

Comment

Foz,

you are correct, I goofed up and had the wrong file in there. Try this one, it is 18k, and has a note that I modified it today on line 1. I will re-upload the user file properties also.

Thanks,

Comment

Foz,

cannot tell if u are on or not, maybe you are surfing in stealth mode, anyways, I have uploaded the user file now, so they have both been updated. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Ahhhh. Now I'm in business! Thanks, Steve.

Comment

Thanks, Steve!
                  It definitely makes wysiwyg printouts, unlike e-Signal editor.

Comment

Glad it worked out, your welcome.

This text editor has a number of advantages, however, while it does highlight the keywords, it does not have the syntax checker like the native editor.

In the SciTEUser.properties file you can really customize the way the editor looks and feels too.

I purchased an editor, UltraEdit, but have not yet figured out how to highlight the eSignal keywords, although I am sure I could (btw - SciTE is still my editor of choice). The nice feature that I use often in UltraEdit is the file compare. It will list in a concise format all lines that are different between two files. This has been indespensible for me when I compare a previously working efs with my current one 500+ steps long which after going through several revisions doesn't behave right.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                    X