detecting study crossing of trendline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• detecting study crossing of trendline

I would like to be able to detect within a study when the study plot crosses over a trend line drawn by the user. In other words, how do I detect the presense of trendlines and where they are ploted in order to determine whether my study is about to or cross the trendline?

Thank you

bpschoch
    At this time lines drawn using the Line Tools cannot be accessed by efs.
    However you may want to see the efs written by rmclean in this thread that uses mouse functions to draw one or more trendlines and set alerts on them.
    Alex

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Will this also work (the mouse events to draw lines) in the study graphs below the prices?

Comment

bpschoch
        It does not appear to in this case. Irrespective you may want to ask this question to rmclean himself in the referenced thread
        Alex

Comment

bp,

Alex is correct, it will not work for several reasons. The efs is very nice work. Since the efs is written using high and low prices to assist with the location of the mouse clicks, it was not meant to work on indicators. Further, mouse clicks do not work in the non price pane.

If you were to put the indicator in the price pane, and re-write the efs, I believe it could be made to work. However, there are inherant difficulties associated with that.

I believe enabling mouse clicks in the non price pane was a feature that had been previously requested. Provided that new functionality is available in a future version, the efs could be re-written to work with a particular indicator.

Regards,
          Last edited by ; 05-15-2004, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Ok thanks, I hope they either allow the mouse clicks on non-price paines or allow an efs to examine user drawn lines sometime soon.

Comment

Working...
            X