Filling in spread between %K and %D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling in spread between %K and %D

How does one fill in the spread between %K and %D (or any 2 ma's) with color? Can this be done with an efs?

In the attached picture, I have DiNapoli MACD and Preferred Stochastic in the same window. It would make it easier to look at if the spread between the MACD/Signal Line is filled in with color. The same with the spread between %K/%D.

Re: Filling in spread between %K and %D

Originally posted by wavetrader
    How does one fill in the spread between %K and %D (or any 2 ma's) with color? Can this be done with an efs?

In the attached picture, I have DiNapoli MACD and Preferred Stochastic in the same window. It would make it easier to look at if the spread between the MACD/Signal Line is filled in with color. The same with the spread between %K/%D.
    Here's the picture:
    Attached Files

Comment

wavetrader
      For an example on how to color the background between certain values only see this post and the one following it.
      Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
        wavetrader
        For an example on how to color the background between certain values only see this post and the one following it.
        Alex
        Thanks for the link Alex, but I was thinking about coloring the background in the indicator panel (not the price panel) between MACD and its Signal line (red and green lines); also between %K and %D (light pink and light blue lines). Also, this fill-in color is dependent on crossovers: If the Signal line goes below MACD, fill-in color = red; If Signal line goes above MACD, fill-in color = green. Same applies to %K and %D.

I've seen this on Ensign charts; it would be great to have this on ESignal also.

Comment

wavetrader
          You can color the background of the indicator window in exactly the same way using the Stochastic values to determine what portion of the background is colored..
          If using a Stochastic for example you would need to set the conditions such as
          if(vStochSlow<vStochFast)
          setBarBagColor(Color.lime,0,vStochSlow,vStochFast)
          if(vStochSlow>vStochFast)
          setBarBgColor(Color.yellow,0,vStochFast,vStochSlow )
          This is just an example but is representative of how it can be done. The complete syntax for the command is in the post I indicated in my prior message.
          Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
            wavetrader
            You can color the background of the indicator window in exactly the same way using the Stochastic values to determine what portion of the background is colored..
            If using a Stochastic for example you would need to set the conditions such as
            if(vStochSlow<vStochFast)
            setBarBagColor(Color.lime,0,vStochSlow,vStochFast)
            if(vStochSlow>vStochFast)
            setBarBgColor(Color.yellow,0,vStochFast,vStochSlow )
            This is just an example but is representative of how it can be done. The complete syntax for the command is in the post I indicated in my prior message.
            Alex
            Thanks, that worked. The background coloring is in squares though, but this will do for now.

See attached image:
            Attached Files

Comment

wavetrader
              Yes it colors the whole "block" of background in between the values
              Alex

Comment

Working...
              X