Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reloadEFS()

hi all,

I have a script that uses the last 20 Daily highs and lows on an intraday chart. I get the values via high(-20,getSymbol()+",D")
    My problem is when the new session starts, the new day's high and low are not retrieved unless I reload the script manually.
    I used many reloadEFS()'s in the script but none works. What am I doing wrong?

thanks

rookie,

I think we would need to see the efs to have any recommendations, but:

1) You shouldn't need to use reloadEFS() to get OHLC or V for the most recent bar. I suspect there is some error in your code.

2) I would be very cautious of using reloadEFS() - it can end up in a loop that will lock up eSignal.

3) I have only had to use relaodEFS in two of my formula's. One fo them deals with AGET's elliott waves (which due to the odd way they run, require something like reloadEFS() if you want to build a solid study based on it) and the other used reload to allow multi-timeframe studies. I can't really think of too many other reasons for needing to use reloadEFS(), and so far everyone else I have talked to who has thought they needed it really hasn't.

Feel free to post up your code (or some minimal example which shows the problem you are seeing with getting the most recent bar) and we can look it over.

Garth
    Garth

Comment

Working...
    X