"()" following Study Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "()" following Study Title

I have the same efs formula applied to several charts. On one of the charts, the study title displayed in the study pane is followed by a "()"; e.g. "StudyTitle()". On all the other charts with the same formula, the study title displays without the "()"; e.g. "StudyTitle".

Anyone have an explanation for the "()"?

Sounds to me like

setStudyTitle("StudyTitle");

is different in the efs studies.

Maybe

setStudyTitle("StudyTitle()");

in one of them?

Comment

Re: Reply to post '"()" following Study Title '

Lancer
      Does that study have one variable that you can change in the Edit Studies?
      If so it could be that at some point and time you edited it and then deleted
      the value.
      That would leave the empty parenthesis after the study title.
      Alex

Comment

Thanks for the replies. The thing is, it's the same formula on all charts. Ony on one chart do I get the "()", even after I reload the formula. On other charts with the same formula, I don't get the "()".

Comment

If you cut and paste the contents of the offending preMain() section, I am sure Alex will be able to figure it out.

Comment

I've noticed the same thing, never seen any rhyme or reason for it. I have also noticed that sometimes if I reload it, the () can appear or disappear. But most times it stays the same.
            Garth

Comment

It can be the exact same formula as in the attached image (plain MA efs from the Library folder) and reloading may or may not take out the parenth. Like Garth says most of the times it does not.
              In the inset chart where the study title has the empty parenth all I did was to go into Edit Studies put a checkmark in the Title(*), give it a new title, click OK. Then go into Edit Studies again, delete the title take out the checkmark, click OK and the parenth remains albeit empty.
              As an experiment you can run a second instance of the same efs in the chart that has the title with parenth and more than likely the second instance of the efs will not have the parenth.
              Alex

(*) Note: It could be any of the fields in the Edit Studies dialog box or any of the variable settings if available
              Attached Files
              Last edited by ACM; 02-17-2003, 09:42 PM.

Comment

That insert is what it looks like. The formula is a custom .efs, and I don't recall ever editing the title in Edit Studies then deleting it, but maybe I did. I'm sure I would have used the formula editor for that though. When I check it now in Edit Studies, there's no override checked, no text, and no parameter value displayed (although there's a formula parameter value that can be changed). Maybe that's what I did; changed that parameter at one time, then deleted it. The parameter value is blank.

OK, in the blank parameter box, I entered the same value "10" as in the formula, then apply, and "(10)" now appears after the study title, but now several more study titles in that chart are showing "()" after the title. Geez.

Back to Edit Studies, delete "10" (now back to blank parameter box), apply, and no change except for the subject study now shows "()". All the other study titles still showing "()". I'm just going to rebuild this chart.

Looks like one for the bug list.

Comment

Working...
                X