setting study parameters externally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting study parameters externally

I have created a strategy that uses the built-in ADX study to calculate entries. The strategy works a treat, displaying entries, stops and exits. I cannot display the ADX on chart, simply because the ADX values are to low. I therefore load a 2nd ADX study as an indicator, which displays at the bottom (external to the bar chart displaying the entries etc).

The problem I have is that if I change a parameter within my own strategy, I have to remember to change the equivelent parameter within the 2nd ADx study displayed at the bottom. Sometimes I forget, which can get confusing!!

What I would like to do is either be able to display the entry signals and stops on the barchart (as if setPriceStudy = true), and the ADX values separately (as if setPriceStudy = false).....but actually do both within the one EFS file.

OR.... be able to set the parameters the 2nd study is using so that they are drawn from the first EFS strategy.

Hope this makes sense!!

any one got any suggestions?

tj.dale
    You could use setGlobalValue() and getGlobalValue() to pass the parameters from one study to the other.
    I think you will still need to reload the efs but at least it saves you from having to enter the individual parameters.
    Alex

Comment

Working...
    X