Regression Channels in Different Time Frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regression Channels in Different Time Frames

I like to plot regression channels in 1 time frame, then study a lower time frame for actual trade entries...

I've used the Advanced GET Regression tool, and modified it... but it's too cumbersome to do what I want - I need some automation...

So I added some regression channels, and modified the number of bars I wanted to look back... very satisfied with the result - however, when I change the time frame, the "automation" deletes those from the higher time frame, then recalculates them in the new time frame I've selected...

Question - is there an EFS solution to my problem?

In general, I'd like to learn to program EFS's for myself (have done some stuff with the Formula Wizard... I'm not certain where to start, though I'm reading JavaScript books now...

Any help out there??

Thanks,

RX

Hello RX,

Advanced Charts and EFS are not set up for multiple time frame analysis currently. We will have some facilities for this in a future version however. Although it's not impossible to do in EFS, it is one of the more complicated routines. For regression channels that are drawn as straight lines, you would need to store the time stamp and y-value for the start and end point of each line. Then pass that data to the global space using setGlobalValue(sName, vValue). When you switch to the new time frame, you would then get the data from the global space with getGlobalValue(sName) at BARSTATE_ALLBARS and then check the time stamp of each bar as the new time frame is loading. When you come across the time stamp or bar that includes your stored time stamp, you'll record that bar index and then continue to look for the end point, or bar, to redraw the same line from the original time frame.

As for learning EFS and JavaScript, check out the EFS Help Center for starters. See the link at the bottom of my post.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
    X