Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a study?

Hi all
    I was wondering if I could make a study? Like MAStudy.MA that is used in the efs', but have it be my own custom one. Is that possible? Are they witten in javascript or c++ or something else? I was not able to find any info on it, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

Studies..

Chirs,

Yes, you would build your study in EFS (Java Script) as you have seen with the examples within esignal. The BUILTINs are encoded into esignal's program - so those are poor examples for you to start with.

You should start with some of the other code examples, or download something similar to what you want to accomplish from the FILESHARE section. From there, you'll have to modify the code to do exactly what you want - but it is easily possible to accomplish. Most of us have done things like this.

Brad
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Chris,

To add to what Brad said. You will see some sticky threads in this group (they stick to the top of the list of threads) and the one in specific that might be of use is:

EFS Help/Library

This can start you on the way. You could also use the formula wizard to make an EFS (study) of an MA, and it may do all, or 90% of what you want.

Garth
      Garth

Comment

Thank you Brad and Garth for your replies. I wanted to make a BUILTIN of the lsma so I could use it in a crossover efs. It sounds like making a BUILTIN is not an option. I made a script that calls the woodies lsma, but I cannot get it to work. If someone could take a look and tell me what I am missing that would be great.

Chris
        Attached Files

Comment

This is the file it is calling in downloads/
          Attached Files

Comment

Chris,

Alex Montenegro has assisted many people with a similar strategy. Here is a link to one which I believe will suit your needs:

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...lert#post28493

Click the link and go up several posts to an efs that is entitled (tallpaw)max2strategy.efs.

Alex's efs are straightforward and excellent examples to get you started.

If you have any problems getting it, repost and I can download and send you a copy.

FWIW, I entered the following in the search field and browsed the posts returned til I found the link

moving AND average AND crossover

Comment

Hi Steve thank you for your reply and the link. I have worked with the files you suggested and a few others and I cannot get it to work. I don't get any more syntax errors anymore but nothing shows up in the chart window. A bunch of numbers come up in the formula window when I reload the efs. Is that normal?

Thank you,
              Chris
              Attached Files

Comment

Chris,

The particular study you have posted requires a file be downloaded and I do not have that file available. As a result, I just get an error when I run it.

Have you tried this file and is it working correctly?
                Attached Files

Comment

Chris
                  Attached you can find a corrected and working version of your lsma crossover.efs.
                  Alex

Attached Files

Comment

The file you attached was what I was looking for. Thank you Alex and Steve for your help on this.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                    X