help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help...

is there any way to enter position with 2 stocks within 1 study? one long and the other one short? any way to somehow specify which stock to buy/sell within EFS?

sorry for this newbie question... just starting using eSignal last week... it's a great program though...
    Last edited by smartidea; 06-14-2004, 08:17 PM.

I can think of a solution..

If you are running the EFS in REALTIME (not Backtest), then these are potential solutions....

you could use GLOBAL VARIABLES to set triggers in one efs to sell/buy a stock running in another adv chart with its own efs. In this case, you would need to use two efs files, one on the main symbol that generates the triggers and sets the global variable to trigger the second chart/symbol to trade. And the other efs on the second symbol/chart waiting for the global variable trigger.

Once the second chart receives the global variable trigger, it needs to issue the trade, then reset the global variable..

Another solution would be..

if you are using Dynaorder (www.dynaorder.com), you could simply code one EFS to BUY symbol A and SELL symbol B. This seems much easier in design, but you will still have to deal with managing two trades in one file.

That's about it (as far as I know). Maybe others have other ideas.

B
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

make sense

thanks Doji3333 for the solution...

however, that's when i only have 2 stocks (1 pair) in place.... what if i have a numbers of pairs ? does it means i have to set an unique variable for each pairs ?...

is there any other way to do this ?...

maybe something like...
      set symbol to "X"... enter long... then
      set symbol to "Y"... enter short ...

does eSignal supports this kind of thing ?

Comment

Smart...

Not within esignal....

The esignal software is designed to allow you to accomplish what you want thru EFS. The solutions would be as I stated in my earlier post.

There is no way within esignal (on one chart) to say BUY 100 IBM and SELL 100 MSFT - with two different symbols.

Now, if you are trading the currency pairs (forex), then I believe buying or selling one pair is similar to buying the US and selling the EUR.

But, if you wanted to do this with traditional stock or futures symbols, you would have to achieve it as I instructed. It is not that hard and I can assist you if necessary.

B
        Brad Matheny
        eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

mmm...

thanks again for the answer Doji3333

would it be possible for you to give me a sample of efs that do this ? eg. setting a global variable on two different moving average (crossover/crossbelow) ratio and execute the trade (enter/exit) at given point (crossover/crossbelow) ?

it would be great if you could show me some sample on how to achieve this

cheers,
          Marlon

Comment

Working...
          X