General questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General questions

Probably a very silly question here, but before I plow into the making of the formulae, I really need to talk to someone who can explain to me just exactly how the formulae can be utilized to give me alerts and for how many different stocks and can they be automated? Let me expand this.

Will it do the following?

Assume I have a study set up that will note when the 5ma crosses the 10ma on a 5 minute chart.

Assume I have a quote list that is linked to this chart with 20 stocks listed on this list.

Will I get an alert whenever any symbol on my quote list experiences the event? (i.e. the 5 crossing the 10) or will it only work if the chart is (or multiple charts are) set up and actually has that symbol in it?

If this chart and quote list is part of a page, and I am looking at another different page, will the alert superimpose itself where I am, or do I need to actually open the page with the chart and quote list?

I probably have a lot more questions, but let's start here. I very much appreciate any help any one could give me.

Thank you,
    Susan

Susan

Will I get an alert whenever any symbol on my quote list experiences the event?

No you will not.

will it only work if the chart is (or multiple charts are) set up and actually has that symbol in it?

Yes that is what needs to happen

If this chart and quote list is part of a page, and I am looking at another different page, will the alert superimpose itself where I am, or do I need to actually open the page with the chart and quote list?

The Page that has the charts needs to be open.
    Alex

Comment

Thank you so much for your response.

I wonder if you could give me brief, general overview of what the EFS studies will accomplish for the user.

Let me explain what I had in mind. I wanted something that would alert me to certain technical events taking place. Just as the easily accessible alert system will alert me to certain price or volume events. If I have to be looking at a chart, well I can tell when the event occurs, and why would I use these studies?

Perhaps, if you could give me examples of how people actually use these formulae, I might understand.

I appreciate your time.

Also, I probably should not have begun a new thread, and there may a better place for me to be asking these questions. If so, please feel free to point me in a proper direction.

Susan

Comment

Susan
        EFS allows you to accomplish many tasks. Amongst these the ability to create studies and indicators which are not provided by eSignal.
        Even with those studies that are included with eSignal it allows you to create conditions that may be otherwise difficult to monitor by simply looking at a chart. Furthermore it can automate the process of identifying those conditions across many charts without necessarily forcing you to monitor them visually all the time.
        You could for example have a number of charts loaded with different symbols and efs studies set to alert you when certain conditions occurr. While you do need to have the charts open and running they can all be minimized and they will still alert you visually or audibly.
        These are just some basic examples of things you can do. If you scan through some of the forums you will come across many more uses for efs.
        Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
          Susan
          EFS allows you to accomplish many tasks. Amongst these the ability to create studies and indicators which are not provided by eSignal.
          Even with those studies that are included with eSignal it allows you to create conditions that may be otherwise difficult to monitor by simply looking at a chart. Furthermore it can automate the process of identifying those conditions across many charts without necessarily forcing you to monitor them visually all the time.
          You could for example have a number of charts loaded with different symbols and efs studies set to alert you when certain conditions occurr. While you do need to have the charts open and running they can all be minimized and they will still alert you visually or audibly.
          These are just some basic examples of things you can do. If you scan through some of the forums you will come across many more uses for efs.
          Alex
          Larry Dudash
          HAL at
          http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...r=&groupid=549

Comment

Hi Larry, what am I missing here? I saw your post tonight, but you simply quoted Alex's note from a while back. Is there anything else you wish to add? I'm all ears!

Comment

Working...
            X