Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeframe ideas?

Hi all,
    I have been thinking about the much talked about feature of multiple time frames. I would like to hear from those willing share their ideas of how they would use this feature. Displaying multiple data streams of the same market on different time frames or setting up indicators to operate on different timeframes? I know it can be done through the file io, but if it were a feature in esignal how would you use it?

Thanks,
    Chris

Re: Timeframe ideas?

Originally posted by chrisf95003
    Hi all,
    I have been thinking about the much talked about feature of multiple time frames. I would like to hear from those willing share their ideas of how they would use this feature. Displaying multiple data streams of the same market on different time frames or setting up indicators to operate on different timeframes? I know it can be done through the file io, but if it were a feature in esignal how would you use it?

Thanks,
    Chris
    I use a combination of 5 timeframes: daily, 60min, 15 min, 3min, 1min.
    Difficult in the beginning because different timeframes give different signals. So you have to find the best combination.
    I will never trade again without different timeframes.The selection of the signals is much better because you look for confirmation in ither timeframes. Results in eliminating lots of bad trades and keeping the good ones.

Comment

Hello Chris,

There have been many discussions on multiple time frame analysis. Have you tried the Search feature? If not, try searching on a keyword phrase like multiple AND time AND frames or multiple AND time*. Those should produce some results. The link below is one example where I coded an multiple time frame moving average study.

higher time frame average help
      Jason K.
      Project Manager
      eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
      JavaScript for EFS Video Series
      EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
      EFS Glossary
      Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks for your reply, Spike. I never thought of using that many timeframes at once.

Jason thanks for the reminder. I did not do a search this time. I will start doing that in the future before I post questions on the board.

Best regards,
        Chris

Comment

Working...
        X