halfway points on pivotpoints efs question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• halfway points on pivotpoints efs question

Would someone be able to tell me what code i should add to the ppivotpointsall.efs program to get it to also show the halfway points between the r2 and r1, r1 and pivot, pivot and s1, and s1and s2.I would also like to have them displayed on the data bar just like the present pivots are shown. I have attempted this myself but its not recognizing one of my variables for some reason.

thanks
    yoda

Hello yodajudge,

I've added the changes to this formula you requested. Lines 168-171 are where you want to look to view the new code. These variables were also made global like the others. You may notice some other minor changes that are unrelated to your request. There was a problem with this formula when using it with a 24-hour template in conjunction with a 1-minute interval. The file below includes that fix as well.

yodaPivotPointAll.efs
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

just in case...the Pivot Point line plot and value are black, thus you'll have to change color if your charts have black blackground.
      Michael

Comment

thanks

thanks it works great

yoda

Comment

I have noticed in the last couple days that the pivot values obtained by the pivotpointall and the yodapivot efs are incorrect.
          I use a 5 min 24hour chart so my question is this:
          All sessions pivots are calculated using 445pm as the open and 415pm the next day as the close using the high .low and close of this period for the calculation. Since my time template for my 5 min chart is midnight to midnight is this what i need to change or does the efs have to be changed?
          Also there are days that the futures do trade for a couple hours while the market was closed like on feb 17. Is there a way to eliminate these days from pivot calculations.
          P.S.
          I dont think esignal will let me creat a time template that starts at 445pm one day and ends 415pm the next day as its not in the same intraday time frame
          thanks,
          yoda

Comment

yoda

I dont think esignal will let me creat a time template that starts at 445pm one day and ends 415pm the next day as its not in the same intraday time frame

As far as I can tell it can be done. See attached chart for ES H3,15 where the TT for 15 min is set for 16:45-16:15 (EST).
            On the chart the cursor is set to yesterday's 16:45 bar and the bar before that is time stamped 16:00.
            Also, on Sundays the first bar is correctly time stamped 18:30.

Alex
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ACM; 03-04-2003, 08:28 PM.

Comment

yoda

Is there a way to eliminate these days from pivot calculations.

You may want to look at this thread

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...t=exclude+days

FYI I found this using Search "exclude days" in Bulletin Board so it is possible you may find other relevant threads.

Alex

Comment

Working...
              X