would this be possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would this be possible?

Is it possible to assign a plotted indicator a value so it can be compared to another, such as if an indicator is plotted in the center it would be given a value of 50 at the top 100....etc?

yes - kind of...

I don't completely understand what you are attempting to accomplish... but I think you want to create a custom display from existing indicators... For example.. Stochastics and RSI..

You could create your own EFS that evaluated the conditions of both the STOs and the RSI, then return 0, 50 or 100 (as needed) based on the conditions. It is pretty simple to do....

If you open up the STO and RSI functions from the BUILTIN folder (within the esignal folder). You'll see the use of declaring the technical indicators used in this example. You need to declare them as the example below (for stochastics)...

var STOstudy = new StochStudy(8, 5, 3);

Now, you would compare the indicator values to generate your conditions...

if ((STOstudy.getValue(StochStudy.FAST,0) > 80 ) {
    return 100;
    }
    if ((STOstudy.getValue(StochStudy.FAST,0) <= 79 ) {
    return 50;
    }
    if ((STOstudy.getValue(StochStudy.FAST,0) <= 20 ) {
    return 0;
    }

That's about it. You can use the color control options and many others to create any type of display you like for this custom indicator system.

let me know in more detail what you are trying to accomplish - maybe I can offer more help.

B
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

yeah i guess i could do it that way , just gonna be a pain i the ass to cover all the numbers thanks tho for the info

Comment

why don't you elaborate a bit...

so I can offer more help (if possible). There are many ways to accomplish this type of thing, but I don't know what you are trying to accomplish yet...

Anything you can offer will help me find a better solution. Your original post was rather vague...

B
        Brad Matheny
        eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
        X