Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study (re)called from first bar

Greetings,

I have a study (that I swear I have not changed; i know, where have you heard that before!) that is now exhibiting strange behavior over the past month.

The study is loaded and running fine. Then, it's as if eSignal is reloading the study by calling it from the first bar again. I put in some debug statements to verify this. My study is not setup to be 'reloaded' in such a fashion and it causes errors. This only happens once or so each day, usually after market hours. It never use to happen at all. Most of my time templates are for a fixed amount of data (so scrolling back does not introduce new data and therefore a reload should not happen). I do have a few tic charts which use dynamic time templates, but the error might happen overnight when no one is using the study (meaning that no one scrolled back to pick up more data, effecting a re-load of the study).

Any ideas? I suppose the foolproof solution would be to change the study so that eSignal could reload it at any time based on whatever qwirk would cause such a reload. But I am wondering why eSignal would be reloading all the bars absent any specific direction (from the user or the study) to do so???

Tx,

Scott
    Scott Masters
    www.tic2tic.com
    [email protected]

seriously....

If you really think this is happening.....

you might try adding a "FirstLoad" variable to the code and then using a debugPrintln() function.... like...

var FirstLoad = false; // as a global variable above your premain() and main().

within premain()....

FirstLoad = true;

within main()....

if (FirstLoad) {
    debugPrintln(any information you want about the load/reload).
    FirstLoad = false;
    }

Maybe this will help you find the issue. This is not guaranteed to assist, but it is probably what I would try if I could not find the issue.

B
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
    X