Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Heikin-Ashi questions

Hi all,
    Just wondered whether anyone could help with the following further questions that I have re Heikin-Ashi modified candles:-

1) For some reason some of the candles are cut-off at the top of the study on some charts than others. Is there a way of re-calibrating the study to show the whole picture?

2) As I am not interested in the raw data but the Heikin-Ashi derivative only, I am looking to apply studies to the modified data. Is this possible? I have seen it done in Amibroker and it looks really good giving the user a better perspective of the market, so why not overlay additional studies onto it. In fact it would be great if eSignal could offer candlestick/HA candlesticks/bar and line etc as one of their options.

Hope someone can help.
    FOREXBOY

Hello FOREXBOY,

1) The studies use EFS drawn objects to simulate the bars. You will need to shrink the y-axis slightly to bring the cut-off bars into view. Click on the y-axis and drag it down until all the bars are visible.

2) Yes, this can be done. However, it would require the indicators to be manually coded into the formula as the HA prices are not an available price source for the built-in studies. You may want to submit a suggestion for adding HA candles as a chart type to [email protected].
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
    X