Streaming Trades Tracker and Backtester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glen,

There are lots of free computer programming resources on the internet, if you plan on pursuing computerized trading then maybe you should devote the effort into learning how to program…I did.

The code example that eSignal provided for auto-trading did a great job of showing the syntax of how to add auto-trading to a program, the rest is up to you…they’re not going to take you to the bank too.

For example, you can take what they have shown you and write your own functions to do whatever you want:

function BuyWithLimit(MyLimitPrice, bPlayAlert){
    // Trade.buyLimit( Limit [, Symbol] [, Qty] [, OrderID] [, Route] [, TIF] [,MMS] [, Account] [, Connection] )
    var bLiveTrading = TradingConnection(true, bPlayAlert);
    var sOrderID = null;
    if(bLiveTrading == true){
    sOrderID = Trade.buyLimit(MyLimitPrice, sSymbol, nQty, null, sRouteID, sTIF_D, null, sAccountID, sConnectionID);
    debugPrintln("\n*** LIVE TRADING *** sOrderID: " + sOrderID + "\t Trade.buyLimit(" + MyLimitPrice + ", " +
    sSymbol + ", " + nQty + ", null, " + sRouteID + ", " + sTIF_D + ", null, " + sAccountID + ", " + sConnectionID + ")\n");
    }else if(bLiveTrading == false){
    sOrderID = Trade.buyLimit(MyLimitPrice, sSymbol, nQty, null, sRouteID, sTIF_D, null, sAccountID, sConnectionID);
    debugPrintln("\n!!! PAPER TRADING !!! sOrderID: " + sOrderID + "\t Trade.buyLimit(" + MyLimitPrice + ", " +
    sSymbol + ", " + nQty + ", null, " + sRouteID + ", " + sTIF_D + ", null, " + sAccountID + ", " + sConnectionID + ")\n");
    }else return;
    }

LetUsLearn

Comment

Glen,

I guess that I didn't answer your question in the prior reply, probably because I answered it in the reply before that, quite specifically I only put the auto-trading global variables in the TradingLibrary_AT, I didn't put any auto-trading functions into it...as I already told you. That doesn't mean that I can't use it for auto-trading, because I do! It just means the functions are in the program because I didn't get any farther than that as I also said in my prior reply. If you're looking for some magic functions that are going to take you to the next level in your "IT for 30+ years, immersed in all kinds of code" journey, try learning how to code from the incredible wealth of information available for free on the internet, and then write your own magic function and let it take you to the promise land.

LetUsLearn

Comment

Working...
      X