Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS-AT (Interactive Brokers)

Hi,

Any one using EFS-AT functions with Interactive Brokers or any other Broker for automated trading with eSignal. I am unable to send orders to Interactive Brokers platform. In build paper trading Broker is working fine for order placement. Please advice me what I am doing wrong, In my opinion trade functions are different for Interactive Brokers and I dont have those trade functions.

Regards Lucky
    [email protected]

If you haven’t done so yet, you’ll need to ask tech support at eSignal to enable EFS auto-trading for you. Once they do, you’ll see “EFS” in the status bar on the bottom of eSignal and “EFS” on the title bar for a chart, then you’ll need to enable both of these and also have Trade.setLiveTrading(true) in preMain in order to send live trades after you’ve established a connection with Interactive Brokers.
    ?

Comment

Hi LetUsLearn,

I am very glad to see your reply, I am checking this forum from past few months but very less activity is seen. I appreciate your posts and help you provide to the other users.

I was doing very silly mistake for IB broker connection. I was thinking like there is some function in the EFS to connect broker from code directly. I changed default broker(read in some forum post) to IB and it starts receiving orders from the EFS directly.
      Still I need help to code efs using EFS-AT functions. As backtesting can't be correlated to real time trading and I have no clue how to make it more accurate to run on real time.

Lucky [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by LetUsLearn View Post
        If you haven’t done so yet, you’ll need to ask tech support at eSignal to enable EFS auto-trading for you. Once they do, you’ll see “EFS” in the status bar on the bottom of eSignal and “EFS” on the title bar for a chart, then you’ll need to enable both of these and also have Trade.setLiveTrading(true) in preMain in order to send live trades after you’ve established a connection with Interactive Brokers.
        ?
        Hi LetUsLearn,

I am getting invalid route error while trading with interactive brokers via efs. I am using Trade.buyMarket(getSymbol(),1); to fire order. Please guide what should be the code for that.

Comment

Hello laxmicc,

I always enter something for everything in the generic code, and then pass null for things that I don’t need.

Trade.buyMarket( [Symbol] [, Qty] [, OrderID] [, Route] [, TIF] [,MMS] [, Account] [, Connection] ) // Generic Code

var sOrderID = null; // Trade.buyMarket will return an order ID string.
          var sSymbol = getSymbol();
          var nQty = 2; // You don't need a variable for this, you can just put one in like you did.
          var sRouteID = "CME"; // Or whatever the exchange ID is.
          var sTIF_D = Order.TIF_DAY_ORDER;
          var sAccountID = "Enter your account number in quotes";
          var sConnectionID = "Interactive Brokers PT"; // for paper trading and "Interactive Brokers" for live trading;

[, OrderID] Pass null for this because you're not sending it, you're receiving it.
          [,MMS] Pass null for this if you're not using it.

sOrderID = Trade.buyMarket(sSymbol, nQty, null, sRouteID, sTIF_D, null, sAccountID, sConnectionID);?

Comment

Working...
          X