missing candles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing candles

The 55' All Sessions Futures (both ES & NQ) have a pattern of missing candles. See pic.

fyi,
    Carol
    Attached Files

Hi Carol,

I can duplicate using fast chart multi-minute mode, however in accurate chart mode, the bars are forming well. I'd still like to see this fixed, but I'm unsure if this is a server-side issue or a client-side issue. So far I'm leaning towards the latter as eSignal is showing the 17:25 bar just fine and it has a similar chart request to the fast charts method.

I'll get this logged and we'll get the dev's on it.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Just following up on this...according to our developers this is a known issue within the Tick Servers with the way that QCharts is requesting data and aligning it against the session times. Once these servers are improved to be able to handle multi-sessions within a single data request, this issue should disappear. Support for multi-session is one part of a larger project to rework the Tick Server to improve it dramatically. Because of this large scope, I wouldn't expect to see this fixed until sometime in 2010. In the interim, please use the "Accurate Charts" mode as a workaround.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

Jay,

Thanks for the update.

Currently, the MMBar settings of fast/slow are a "global" setting. Just curious if an added preference that is chart-specific could be installed?

Thanks,
        Carol

Comment

Jay,
          Just an fyi - tonight, regardless of MMB setting (fast or accurate) the 17:25 candles are missing every day - whereas in the prior post you can see that there was a pattern of various missing candles.

Also - still curious - Currently, the MMBar settings of fast/slow are a "global" setting. Just curious if an added preference that is chart-specific could be installed?

Thanks,
          Carol
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X