X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No hotlist selections

No selections are available for the hotlists

See pic

While we're loking at this feature, could we get a check box to bring up the hotlist in a new quote sheet?

Jim
    Attached Files

Hi Jim,

I didn't see this when I walked into the office this morning, but I spoke with a few folks that also saw this last night and early this morning (pre-market). I'm guessing that you are ok now? We're still in the process of gathering more information on this, but I suspect that perhaps there could have been a Hot List outage or some other operational issue last night / this morning.

Please report back if you see this again.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Jim, Jay -

Is there a new Preference to set up the Hot Lists? When I click on the HOT LIST icon, it returns a "Hot List" box that seems incomplete compared to what Jim posted, "Hot Lists With Optional Filter."

See pic.

Thanks,
      Carol

EDIT: Additional info: when I closed the Hot List window, it also closed my open browser (with the qcharts plugin). FYI.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ckelly; 08-19-2009, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Carol,

Comment

Bill,
          Well, it sure seems to work for you guys - but I'm in that weirdness loop again.

See pic.

Carol

EDIT: fwiw - I tried clicking each of the icons onthe Quotes Toolbar and none of them return anything. FYI.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ckelly; 08-19-2009, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ckelly
            Bill,
            Well, it sure seems to work for you guys - but I'm in that weirdness loop again.

See pic.

Carol

EDIT: fwiw - I tried clicking each of the icons onthe Quotes Toolbar and none of them return anything. FYI.
            The screen capture that I pasted in is what you see when you have an existing quote sheet highlighted and right click anywhere in the fields area and select symbols then Hot Lists in the pop up menu or click on the icon that you believed not working. The subscribe to hotlist icon appears to be context sensitive and is only functional if you have a quote sheet highlighted rather than a chart. Then the quote sheet is populated with the symbols from the hotlist along with the fields you already have specified in that particular quote sheet.

The New Hotlist icon launches a quote sheet with a small number of fixed fields.

Jay, the hotlists are populated this afternoon, no idea why they were not last evening.

Thanks

Jim

Comment

Jim,

Thanks for the clarification - the Quotes Toolbar seems to work 'sometimes' for me. Yesterday, none of the icons would return anything - Quote Sheet highlighted or not.

Yesterday afternoon, I was able to get a filled in "Hot List with Optional Filter." This morning, the Subscribe to Hot List returns an empty box. See pic.

Carol
              Attached Files

Comment

Quotes Toolbar -

Jay,

Following the Quotes Tool bar, yesterday it would not return Options (Import Option Chains); but this morning it does.

The Import Sector Lists does not respond. See pic.

fyi,
                Carol
                Attached Files

Comment

I find this evening that the hotlist does not return the number of items that I have set in the preferences. I have my preferences set for 100 and only 11 are returned. I'll try this again tomorrow to see what happens.

Another annoying thing is the arrangement of the hotlists in the drop down list. Previously U.S. stocks were at the top and now it's NYSE at the top. Is there a reason why this was rearranged or can we get that restored?

Thanks

Jim

Comment

I've done a few reboots of QC throughout the day. While my Hot Lists with Optional Filter returned an empty box this morning (see 7:32am post), tonight it does return items.

Like Jim, I am receiving only 11 Hots, with the preference to receive the top 20 Hot List items.

Also, like Jim, I'd like to restore the US stocks to the top of the list.

fyi,
                    Carol
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have no idea why the pics I'm posting are so large. What I am seeing in my SnagIt grab is about 1/2 the size of what is coming out in the posts.

If anyone knows what's causing this - I'll sure fix it.

Thanks,
                      Carol

Comment

In QCharts 6.1, and the eSignal product, the HotLists come from special servers that are dedicated to creating the hot lists, if my understanding is correct.

There was an update to the hotlist server code quite recently that's making the lists such as Point Gainers be populated with syms that have been updated in the last 30 secs, like a Trade Rate type of list. Clearly this is incorrect, with the result being a shorter and shorter list after the bell as the evening wears on, as the symbols cease trading.

Jay would be the one to give us status on when the hot list servers will be squared away.

LAM

Comment

The abbreviated hot list bug (not getting all the symbols in a Hot List that should be there,) is scheduled to be fixed on the servers Monday afternoon. Assuming all the internal testing goes well today and Monday, this should stay on track.

The blank Hot List list bug (i.e. clicking on a Hot List icon returns no Hot List choices) is still under investigation.
                          Regards,
                          Jay F.
                          Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by JayF
                            The abbreviated hot list bug (not getting all the symbols in a Hot List that should be there,) is scheduled to be fixed on the servers Monday afternoon. Assuming all the internal testing goes well today and Monday, this should stay on track.

The blank Hot List list bug (i.e. clicking on a Hot List icon returns no Hot List choices) is still under investigation.
                            Correction, internal testing begins Monday and if all goes well the fix is scheduled for Wed. / Thurs. of next week.
                            Regards,
                            Jay F.
                            Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by JayF
                              Correction, internal testing begins Monday and if all goes well the fix is scheduled for Wed. / Thurs. of next week.
                              Jay,

Looks like the fix still has some bugs.

fyi,
                              Carol
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X