(1690) Price, BB's, mva's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (1690) Price, BB's, mva's

1. Seeing the price displayed with no decimal places has been in prior Beta releases (perhaps all). For this symbol, the Weekly chart shows a price of 0.42; this Daily chart displays 42 (no decimal); the intradays are painting a price of 0.40. So, there's a lost decimal as well as price discrepancy between W/D/intraday's here at mid-day.

2. The BB's with the lower BB >>> upper BB & price I haven't seen since about QC3.4 or so.

3. The mva's with incredibly high/inaccurate values, I don't recall ever seeing before.

4. The Net value painting just " - " while the Net% displays a value I don't recal ever seeing before.

5. This symbol is trading today, but the Snapshot bar indicates volume = 0 (zero).

6. Server info included in pic.

See pic,
    Carol

EDIT - that is the intraday's are painting 0.40, with Daily @ 42.

Other symbols painting similarly: ALTU, VG, BQI.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ckelly; 08-20-2009, 10:48 AM.

Hey CK,

I can't reproduce what it is you're seeing.
    Yeah, I know, how's that gonna help you.
    Just wanted to document it's not a systemic issue.
    Sorry, I don't have any specific things to try to clean up what you're seeing.
    Other than the broad "remove existing install and reinstall".
    Notice that I'm on the same Daily server as you, so methinks we can rule out server-side issue.
    I tried the other syms you mentioned in the post, and they also look OK here.

LAM
    (screenshot 8/20/2009 ~3:15pm ET)
    Attached Files

Comment

Just to keep the info flowing . . .

The exact same workspace & symbol paints 4 decimal places in QC 5.1 - on two different Daily charts - side-by-side in the same Workspace.

The exact same workspace & symbol paints 2 decimals on one Daily chart and paints no decimals on the other Daily chart - side-by-side in the exact same Workspace in QC6.1.

So, it might not be a server issue - but, since the same workspace & charts paint properly in 5.1; and most symbols paint properly in 6.1, it seems there just might be a systemic issue.

See pic.
      Carol
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey CK,

Here's the fix..err...adjustment. See screenshot.
        At the moment, I can't come up with a reason for the setting, what the need would be to have it OFF.

fwiw, when I use the term systemic, it's regarding a solid bug that any and all users would experience.

LAM
        Attached Files

Comment

LAM,

Yes, I have the same definition for systemic; but with bugs, it seems that they can certainly be intermittent.

Thanks for the find. I checked the Display Leading Zeros, and sure enough, it corrects the problem for the handful of symbols that were not painting decimals this morning. So, that leads me to:

(1) Why are 99.9% of the rest of the symbols painting the decimal places properly and only the 3 posted this morning not painting the decimals when the DLZ is not checked? That seems like a bug to me.

(2) In my post, you'll see a white and a grey chart - historically, I've seen the lost decimals on the white chart only, where DLZ was already checked. This morning is the first time I've seen it occur on the grey chart where DLZ was not checked. And over on the white chart, it is intermittent over a very wide variety of high volume stocks, such as GOOG, APPL, RIMM, as if it is turning on/off the DLZ by itself. That seems like a bug to me.

hmmm.

Carol

Comment

Originally posted by ckelly
            LAM,

Thanks for the find. I checked the Display Leading Zeros, and sure enough, it corrects the problem for the handful of symbols that were not painting decimals this morning.

Yes, I have the same definition for systemic; but with bugs, it seems that they can certainly be intermittent.
            Well, ah, err...not really the same definition. I said...a solid bug that all users would experience. Intermittent bugs aren't solid, and are a different context.

(1) Why are 99.9% of the rest of the symbols painting the decimal places properly and only the 3 posted this morning not painting the decimals when the DLZ is not checked? That seems like a bug to me.
            Here's the thing. The syms that will show the price as desired .. 23.89 for example .. even though DLZ is OFF have a price of 1.00 or greater. It's only syms with a price of less than 1.00 that will show the funky representation. So 99.9% is perhaps an exaggeration. There are many hundreds, if not thousands of sub 1.00 stocks.

(2) In my post, you'll see a white and a grey chart - historically, I've seen the lost decimals on the white chart only, where DLZ was already checked. This morning is the first time I've seen it occur on the grey chart where DLZ was not checked. And over on the white chart, it is intermittent over a very wide variety of high volume stocks, such as GOOG, APPL, RIMM, as if it is turning on/off the DLZ by itself. That seems like a bug to me.
            Don't know what to say on this one. My workspaces don't manifest as you describe.

LAM

Comment

Working...
            X