Message at Startup - Both XP and Win 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message at Startup - Both XP and Win 7

I am getting message the first time of the day I start 1690. This is happening in both Windows XP and Windows 7 environments. Actually, the first time I ran QCharts after installing 1690 to a Windows XP environment it crashed and sent an error report. Second time I got the messages, third time everything started normally. 1690 seems to run fine in Windows 7, as long as I am logged in as Administrator, except for the message the first time it is run every day.

If this post will accept multiple file attachments in .png format, the program messages should appear in this post. I am putting the XP messages first, followed by the Windows 7 message.

If they don't show up, the Windows 7 message is "Expanded corporate actions information has been downloaded. Please consider restarting the program ..." Windows XP popped up 3 different messages.

FYI, I'm seeing the same messages, but it's not just at startup. I've had that message pop up after leaving QCharts running overnight. I had the message waiting for me this morning.

I am running Win7 as well. I did not get these messages with the last beta (1613).

Comment

I saw it this morning when I started 6.0.3 as well. I am running XP Pro. I have seen it before but usually only when I run a freshly installed version. I closed QC and restarted 6.0.3 and I received no messages the second time I started QC.

All the best,
      Tom

Comment

Re: Message at Startup - Both XP and Win 7

Originally posted by dcash
        "Expanded corporate actions information has been downloaded. Please consider restarting the program ..."
        I see this message every day also. I don't run build 1690 during the day but I do close down the build I run during the day and work in 1690 after market hours for a while. When I see that message I close 1690 and restart it.

Jim

Comment

Hey guys,
          This "Expanded Session" message can be ignored. This dialog box will be silenced in a future release. For now, just click OK and ignore it.
          Last edited by billbled; 08-26-2009, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by billbled
            Hey guys,
            This "Expanded Session" message can be ignored. This dialog box will be silenced in a future release. For now, just click OK and ignore it.
            Thanks Bill. Is there a defect list available so that we can avoid spending time on known defects?

Jim

Comment

I had to leave the PC as soon as I posted my message starting this thread. Can somebody take pity on me and tell me how to include/attach multiple screenshot files in .png format (or whatever format we should be using) to my messages. Thanks in advance.

Comment

oops, sorry - that's DCash:

Just under where you type "Your Reply:" you see "Options" and
                "Attach file." Click on Browse to go find the file you want to attach. You'll see just under "Browse" the file extensions that you can use and note 102KB max size.

Carol
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ckelly; 08-26-2009, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Carol,

Your steps are exactly what I tried, but it did not work. Is there some setting in our user profiles we have to set? Also, is it possible to attach multiple files if they don't go over the 1 MB limit?

Just for grins I am going to attempt to attach one screenshot to this message following your instructions and see if it works.

-Dan
                  Attached Files

Comment

O.K., so the answer is that you lose your file attachment when you preview your reply. You have to "submit" directly after you enter your file attachement. As to my question - should I be able to attach multiple files in one message as long as they total less than 1 MB?

Comment

Dan,
                      I see your pic came thru ok. Sometimes / most times when I attempt to Post a Reply, I get "IE Page Cannot be Displayed," and then I have to resubmit. When it goes to that page, somehow, the attachment is "lost." So, when you retry, be sure to reattach the pic.

You can only attach one pic per post - for a total of 1MB. So, if there are multiple things you want to show - you can either (1)cut/paste them together in SnagIt (via File/Insert) - or which ever software you are using. Just be sure to keep up with the size, or (2) make multiple posts with all the pics, or (3) go into the File Share for really big stuff. I think for what you're wanting, either of the first two options will work for you.

Of all the "Valid file extensions" listed, I think that .gif will give you the smallest file size - ie, you can put more in the pic and not over run the limit.

HLH,
                      Carol

Comment

Working...
                      X