(1690) Splits are displayed as reverse splits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (1690) Splits are displayed as reverse splits

Splits are displayed on the charts as a reverse of the actual. For instance:
    - ACAP 7/31/09 split 4:3. It is reflected as 3:4.
    - ABC 6/15/09 split 2:1. It is reflected as 1:2
    - GMCR 6/8/09 split 3:2. It is reflected as 2:3.

Even go way back to June 1, 2005 when WLP split 2:1. It is reflected as 1:2.

Perhaps the entire splits file is reversed?

LAM - please tell me you see the same thing

Carol
    Attached Files

And just as a double check - the splits are displayed properly in QC 5.1. See pic, and note Server = cc-01.hwd.quote.com:23100.

Carol
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: (1690) Splits are displayed as reverse splits

Originally posted by ckelly
      LAM - please tell me you see the same thing
      Carol
      LOL.
      CK, ya know I can't do that

Hang on though, I was just checking this thingy out when you posted. I think I know whazzup, but need to do some more sleuthing. Be back soon, I hope, with the 411.

LAM
      Attached Files

Comment

CK...et al

As CK now knows from an off-list convo we just had, the split notes being reversed has to do with a quirk in 6.1 processing the splits file created by QFAI...namely CorpActs.UNF

The workaround is to...

Delete CorpActs.UNF from your 6.1 directory
        Cease using QFAI to start 6.1. Just use the link created on your Desktop as a result of installing 6.1. If you have deleted that link, then do a standard Windows create shortcut on QCharts.exe in your directory.

I'm just gonna do a paste here of some verbiage from a newsletter Bill Bledsoe is working on for his qcsoftwarehelp group regarding moving to 6.1.

-------------- paste ------------------------

At this time, if you are running QFAI, it's safe to stop.
        Enough functionality has been transferred to the eSignal network, that QFAI is no longer needed. The only data that comes from the Continuum Network is the Breadthalyzer symbols (the one's that start with "QC"). All other data is coming from the eSignal network, which is handled via the Data Manager. The old "CTRL ALT N" server switching trick is no longer relevant.
        To delete QFAI, you simply navigate to the QFAI folder in C:\Program Files\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\ and delete the QFAI folder. Then delete the QFAI icon off your desktop. QFAI does not use "Add/Remove Programs" for uninstalling.

---------------- end paste ---------------

LAM

Comment

Working...
        X