bollinger bands still flat line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bollinger bands still flat line

I know I may sound like a broken record, but bollinger bands go horizontal for me when I change tickers, similar to the last few beta versions.

BBs won't flat line so long as the ticker stays active, e.g., I always keep ES and NQ futures up and the BBs are fine.

BLTG,

Could you post a screenshot or a movie of what you are seeing? If you're having trouble posting a screenshot, I've found that Jing is very easy to capture and share images with.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Jay,

I didn't have issues with flat bollinger bands during regular trading hours today.

However, I did open a new workspace and noticed flat BBs with the ES and NQ futures.

My past experience has been that the futures BBs update, but when I pick a ticker I haven't looked at in a while, the BBs are flat.

In any case, the attached screenshot is an example of the flat BBs that you requested. The left two charts are the ES and NQ futures on the same time frame, the top two charts are the NQ futures on different time frames.

If you need further details, please shoot me a pm.
      Attached Files

Comment

BLTG,

Thanks for the summary and the screenshots. So far I haven't been able to duplicate using the attached workspace. I'm using the default BB settings with various intervals, and so far all seems to be ok. I'll leave it running throughout the day to see how it performs. If for some reason, this workspace isn't matching yours, feel free to correct it and repost or just PM me if you wish to keep key information private.
        Attached Files
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Jay,
          I'm not sure if you want to lump this in with the flat BB's - but the BB's and StoRSI stop painting on Intraday charts.

See pic of GE 60' and the Bollinger Bands and StoRSI will not paint for the entire day. I cannot "shake" it out.

Carol
          Attached Files

Comment

Bollinger bands also flat-line in this version for me. Screenshot of QQQQ on top with flat BBs, NQ futures on bottom for comparison with "normal" (I'm assuming) BBs.

Multi-minute bars set to more accurate, higher bandwidth option.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X