(1690) Continuum Feed Ready... huh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (1690) Continuum Feed Ready... huh?

Just a question, what does "Continuum feed ready" in the status bar (left side) mean? I was thinking that 1690 was totally continuum-free but if not, are we really going live with a non-continuum release without any beta testing?

Not a big deal for me really, just one of those residual nagging things that I am scratching my head about...

All the best,
    Tom

Howdy Tom,

The Breadthalizers as we know them in QCharts are still in the process of being added to the eSignal data network.

For 6.1 they have established four servers running the existing continuum server code for creating the Breadthalizers. Take a peek at your 6.1 continuumclient.ini file. Notice they are Port 24150, rather than 23100. These are 6.1 only machines.

Oh, btw, these 4 servers are fed by a full tick feed from Comstock, the so called IP4 feed, rather than the continuum servers that are about to be R.I.P'ed, which are on the lesser tick throttled IP2 feed. So, the Breadthalizers in 6.1 should be richer and better given the significant number of additional ticks to process.

HTH,

LAM

Comment

Hi Larry,

Excellent explanation, as usual! I had forgotten the use of the continuum servers for the Breadthalizers... but I hadn't heard that they will be sourced from ip4 feed! That is good news indeed! (Of course it could have been posted and I might have overlooked it too...)

Haven't loaded 1706 yet, but I will do it tonight. 1690 has been working very well for me, even on my low-end laptop (Pentium M 1.73 GHz, 1.5 GB. Hats off to Jay and the rest of the QC Team... great job!

All the best,
      Tom

Comment

Working...
      X