Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x1706 zipper + missing candles

Jay,

Thanks for all continued efforts to work out the bugs.

Note x1706 has reverted to the "zipper" effect on the intraday charts as well as missing candles on the larger ones.

See pic.
    Carol
    Attached Files

Hey CK,

I was able to reproduce your chart just now by simulating a "first run" environment.

After exit/restart, all those missing candles no longer manifest....yes?

LAM

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Marchman
      Hey CK,

I was able to reproduce your chart just now by simulating a "first run" environment.

After exit/restart, all those missing candles no longer manifest....yes?

LAM
      LAM -
      Most missing candles did indeed fill in after reboot. However, there's still a few missing.

FYI,
      CK
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ckelly
        LAM - Most missing candles did indeed fill in after reboot. However, there's still a few missing. FYI, CK
        CK,

What's you're seeing now isn't the "first run" issue.
        That had to do with certain files not being initialized during first run only.
        This has been an intermittent thingy that hits some, but not all folks.
        This first run phenomena is under investigation by development.

Now, to the most recent post regarding BEN.
        You can get all the bars if you run MMB=Accurate.
        Your chart was MMB=Fast
        See screenshot.

but...but...BEN having missing bars, but not IBM for example, for an RTH chart, even if MMB=Fast, isn't right.
        As long as there were trades in the time-frame of the 2nd bar in a day for a RTH 233 chart, bar 2 of the day should be there for ALL syms, and not dropped/missing on a random few, unless I'm missing something pretty basic regarding the differences in Accurate vs Fast processing.

I've made a note to investigate this further.

LAM
        Attached Files

Comment

Larry,
          Agree - once past the re-boot on new version, the zipper pretty much went away. However, the random afternoon candle missing is still there and lingers from prior versions.

Another example (BWA) is attached. Note the 60' chart paints 4 afternoon candles where the 233' is empty. BWA's avg vol is 2.4M; 1.3M shown for the morning 233' candle - the rest of the volume is not accounted for.

Thanks for investigating.
          Carol
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ckelly
            Larry,
            Agree - once past the re-boot on new version, the zipper pretty much went away. However, the random afternoon candle missing is still there and lingers from prior versions.

Another example (BWA) is attached. Note the 60' chart paints 4 afternoon candles where the 233' is empty. BWA's avg vol is 2.4M; 1.3M shown for the morning 233' candle - the rest of the volume is not accounted for.

Thanks for investigating.
            Carol
            Carol,

It looks to me like those bars in your screenshot aren't done using the Multi-minute Bars in accurate mode. That could cause the discrepancy you are referring to.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Jay,
              Right you are - I was confirming LAM's note - and also, the randomness of the missing afternoon candle. It does NOT occur on all symbols and it does occurs randomly - not every afternoon candle is missing for the symbols that have missing candles. So, just a comment on the bug.

Thanks for all your efforts.
              Carol

Comment

Working...
              X