Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What parameters get passed to AGET vwap() function?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What parameters get passed to AGET vwap() function?

Is there any documentation on the AGET vwap() function I would like to use it in a study and do not know what parameters to pass?

Thank You
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

Glen
    https://kb.esignal.com/article.aspx?article=5621&p=4
    FYI I found it by searching the EFS KB
    Alex

Originally posted by demarcog View Post
    Is there any documentation on the AGET vwap() function I would like to use it in a study and do not know what parameters to pass?

Thank You

Comment

Alex,

Thank you very much I must have had a typo in my search.

Glen
      Glen Demarco
      [email protected]

Comment

Glen,
        If you go to the Advanced GET Studies Formulas folder which is in the Interactive Data\Formulas folder, you’ll see a list of the GET formulas which you can open in eSignal, or for a quick peak just left click to highlight the GET formula that you want to look at, and then right click it and you can open it with notepad or eSignal right from the folder.

Comment

LetUsLearn,

Thank you for the great suggestion looking at those studies are very helpful.

It's interesting how the use of getSeries() rather then getValue() seem to be the preferred way of retrieving values for these indicators.

glen
          Glen Demarco
          [email protected]

Comment

Hello Glen, Merry Christmas!! All that you can get with getValue(x) is a
            SINGLE value...the value of whatever calls getValue(x) at bar x...0 to the first bar loaded on the chart (perhaps -789). Whereas getSeries returns a series object of all of the values of your indicator from the first bar loaded to the currently strearming 0 bar, but note that just using getSeries doesn't make something a series, it has to already be programmed as a series which all of eSignals functions are. So if you have a variable like say x = close(-34), you're going to get the value of the close at the -34 bar index. But if you have a variable like xClose = close(), then you're going to have access to all of the closing prices on the chart, so if you want the close from bar -34, all that you have to do to have y = xClose(-34). This works with all of eSignals series functions, and if you do it right, you can create your own series of values from a function that you write by using "efsInternal" to define a function inside your current script as a series object, but it can be rather tedius. If you'd like to see an example of that, check out the "
            VMA Study Issue" in the forum where I posted the code that was requested...Merry Christmas!!

Comment

LetUsLearn,

Thank you very much and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too.

I was a bit mystified by the efsInternal function and it's function. I will take a look at the post you referenced.

Glen

[email protected]
              Glen Demarco
              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X