Importing Get EOD pages into the Dashboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing Get EOD pages into the Dashboard

When tyring to use the import advanced get page files, I get unsupported page type EOD, Im assuming this is because Im using the ASX data ie BHP-ASX which is not read ie the –ASX part is causing the problem.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated

Its not the ASX

Typing in BHP-ASX directly to the Advanced GET charts shows live data. So it is unlikely to be that. As a check it also works fine in my Dashboard. I will raise this issue with our programer. Please can you email me with your customer id number. Do not post it here. Thank you.
    Happy Trading

Andy Saunders

Comment

EOD vs. Dashboard GET 9.0

The old GET End Of Day (EOD) is a different product than the Dashboard version 9.0. The scanning functions are different so you won't be able to recreate the exact scans you have in the EOD version. Nor can you import the pages.

Craig

Comment

Bender gets a downgrade

if you say that the old pages cannot be imported, then why does the option exist that allows one to import the pages, even if it doesnt seem to work

I gues the question really is, by purchasing the Dashboard, am i upgrading or downgrading by this action??

Comment

Ainsley
          That option exists for importing Pages from prior versions of Get RT not Get EOD.
          Alex

Comment

Ainsley
            Having owned both versions (ie the RT and EOD) for years I have always viewed them as complementary, each with its strengths and performing tasks that the other is not indended for.
            I presume you already own the EOD version so adding the Dashboard RT version will represent an upgrade IMHO as it will allow you to broaden the scope of your trading
            Alex

Comment

Your a fine salesman Alex, well said.

I was rather hoping to decommision the GET EOD that I have been using for the past 6 - 9 years and replace it with the updated code and added functionality of the realtime / EOD Dashboard.

Running two systems and managing the data takes time which would be better spent elsewhere

Mind you Im quite happy with the dashboard,

The internatioal version needs a little more work, ie ensure exchanges and portfolios can be searched upon along with the scanner being able to create custom searchs that are more configurable

The dashboard componant is great though
              Attached Files

Comment

Ainsley
                Can you keep us up to date with your experiences with Aust data.
                I would not mind upgrading - but don't want to step backwards from V7.8
                Thanks
                Robin

Comment

Working...
                X