Realtime / EOD searching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realtime / EOD searching

I don’t seem able to select the current exchange or portfolio to search upon, quite a necessary part of my day, most likely im missing something, can anyone tell me how to set the scanner to search upon the ASX or a Portfolio please.

it would seem that at the moment the scanner only works with the US exchanges, International and / or Portfolio scans are not available

Pity, being an understatement

Comment

Hi.

I am concerned about your post.

Did you find answers to your question?

I want to aquire this software as well for ASX stocks using their scanner..

Now you're indicating it may not be able to perform this function for ASX.

Can u confirm this?

Comment

the Dashboard is a new product and has a few issues.

The good news is that the programmers are working on it and are contactable which gives me a lot of confidance. They are working on both the EOD and Realtime versions which are coming out over the coming months.

The scanner function only works on US stocks, the reason is that the search's are run on a server in the US and as such it only scans US stocks.

The EOD version will Ive been assured have its onw search ability which can be run on end of day data, this version of the code is six months away from delivery.

My recommendation would be to use the Get EOD version and wait for the Dashboard realtime and EOD version.

Im currently using the EOD version to search for my stocks and then Im using the Dashboard for the realtime daily view, works well but expensive as Ive now purchased two versions of the software and then two data feeds which just doesnt sound right but works well.

Mind you the dashboard with realtime data is great, hopefully it will be updated to do what im after.

Good luck

Comment

That sucks!

They don't make that clear in any of their correspondance/literature..

SO, If I acquire AGET EOD, I will not be able to perform any scans on ASX stocks...?

Is this correct?

How long u been using AGET?

How do u rate it against other elliott wave software?

Why is AGET different (or better) than the rest?

Comment

have to ask the right question, thats the trick, and also see it from the developers point of view ie US stocks and who the hell would want to trade any other.

But saying that, the other exchanges can be viewed and traded quite succesfully so dont worry about it, just get the end of day version and then do the upgrade in a year when the Dashboard EOD is ready.

Advanced GET End Of Day will search ASX stocks (just buy the data ie from Paritech or eSignal and then go

Advanced GET Dashboard does not scan ASX stocks, only US stocks but it has great intra-day trading capability

I use the EOD version to search for the stocks and then the Dashboard for the daily run. still on a trial here though.

Ive been using GET for about 6 - 9 years now, cant recall really.

Ive looked at a few other software packages and this lot certainly have the better one that is easy and fun to use, just goto pick the right product thats all.

if you wanto do intraday trades then get the Dashboard else get the EOD

Enjoy

Comment

Many thanks.

I havebeen communicating with another gent on another forum who also uses AGET and he states that AGET does handle ASX market for Scanning ...

Still confused...

Also, can the RT version also be used for EOD analysis?

Comment

Ainsley - any pointers?

Comment

Advanced GET EOD - can search and view ASX stocks

Advanced GET Dashboard - cannot search ASX stocks but can view them

eSignal and eSignal Pro are Realtime products - they may be able to scan ASX, havnt fiddled with this one for a year or so now (bit expensive to subscribe to)

if you are familiar with the elliott method and how the software works then pay for a month and try them out, if you need some learning then get the EOD version it comes wtih DVD's that show yo uwhat to do.

see image below for an example of how im using it ie the Dashboard
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X