Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGET EOD - Slow Search

Hi,

I've been using AGET EOD since May 2005 and everything has been fine. In the last few weeks the search takes ~2 hours vs. a few minutes. Downloading of data is about the same. I get EOD data from esignal. Do I need to re-install software or is there a way to clear all data and reload? If I need to re-install software, what is the best way to do it?

Thanks in advance,
    Rod

Hello Rod,

It sounds like there may be some sort of corruption with the search parameters that is causing this. I would start by resetting the search parameters that you currently have set. By doing this, we are removing any cached corruption and forcing Advanced Get to recall the results based on refreshed parameters.

If this does not remedy the issue, there are some other things that we can try, but if you could try resetting the search and let me know the result, we can graduate to the next solution if need be. Thanks.

Comment

AGET - Slow Search (cont.)

Hi Duane,

Thanks for the quick response. I deleted all my search parameters and reloaded with a Type 1 and 2 (buy) to see if things might speed up. Unfortunately, it didn't help. It first begins to slow down when it gets to stock 300 out of 11419. It sits there for a bit and then continues slowly. I can see it is accessing the hard disk 100% of the time. (Not sure if it did this before or not.) When I try to open a stock chart during the search, it takes 30-60 seconds for it to display. It used to take only a few seconds. My laptop computer (Compaq) task manager shows little to no cpu usage (~1%). I think I'm ready to try another step. I might need semi-detailed instructions. (I'm a Mac guy.) Thanks again for your help.

Rod S.

Comment

slow search

while the GET EOD program is excellent the search routine and database access method is slow and painful.

What to do,
        1 - well first you could defragment your hard-disk
        2 - ensure you have a hard disk with a 7 meg cache that spins at 7200 rpm or greater
        3 - ensure your PC is upto the job, ie its a newish one with 800mhz front side bus etc etc
        4 - get creative and load a ramdrive try a demo from superspeed, this sped up my search from 27 minutes to around 35 seconds, faaaast
        5 - rebuild your PC, they get chocked up with dodgy code so a good rebuild once a year is always a good idea
        6 - have a cup of tea while it grinds away and let it happen naturally at its own pace

good luck

Comment

Working...
        X