Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 Bit operating system & GET EOD

Ive setup windows xp64 to see how it goes ie speed up my searches

the program starts but it fails when trying to authenticate against the dongle (im using the parralel port dongle)

the question is, has anyone tested the USB dongle on the windows 64 bit environment??

and of course does esignal intend to bring this product forward and release a 64 bit version of the code??

regards

Ainsley

Re: 64 Bit operating system & GET EOD

Originally posted by Ainsley
    Ive setup windows xp64 to see how it goes ie speed up my searches

the program starts but it fails when trying to authenticate against the dongle (im using the parralel port dongle)

the question is, has anyone tested the USB dongle on the windows 64 bit environment??

and of course does esignal intend to bring this product forward and release a 64 bit version of the code??

regards

Ainsley
    Ainsley, I am having the same problem as you described, did you ever get it to work?

Regards,
    John

Comment

no luck im afraid, I ended up rebuilding to Windows XP service pack 2 instead.

I then setup a ramdrive to load the database into memory for the search, now this was worthwhile, I went from 20 minute searchs to 20 second searchs

Other than this ive been talking to the chaps at e-Signal about the next version of the software, which looks very promising

Comment

64-Bit & New Versions of AGET

Hi Ainsley, John,

We are planning to start testing in a 64-bit environment. Our plans were delayed slightly due to the holidays, but we should have the machines configured sometime next week.
        Also, as Ainsley has pointed out, the upgrade of AGET EOD & RT is a significant and ongoing priority at the company. We have a new version of EOD that we're beta testing (John, if you're interested in participating, send an email to me at [email protected]).

Brent
        [email protected]
        Advanced GET Product Management

Comment

Hi,

i have the same Problem. Have anyone an Idea to run AGET EOD 9.1 on an 64bit System? The Dongle where not found. Excuse my bad english.

Ciao Catano

Comment

64 Bit

Hi Catano,

We just recently implemented a fix for this, are in the final stages of testing it, and should have a maintenance release available this week.
            I'll send you a PM and make a post here at that time.

Thanks,

Brent

Comment

w64

I traded in my parellel dongles so I could use win64 with RT. Installed the 64 bit Sentinel driver and no luck. Get RT does not recognize the USB dongle. I was told by support that they are not going to provide any support to make the dongle work in win 64. So much for the $25 bucks it cost me to trade out my dongles. The only reason I traded was to use win 64. 9.0 works but until they figure out the bugs I don't want to use it. I mean come on they can't even get the tool bars to dock properly and how many months has it been since they introduced it.

If anybody out there can get the Dongle to be recognized please send me the fix, since E-sig won't help me.

Comment

64 Bit AGE EOD

Hi scheib,

Per my earlier post, we implemented a 64-bit solution for the AGET EOD 9.1 Dashboard Edition. We just recently completed internal testing and would like to invite those clients with 64-bit systems to install it and confirm it meets your system's configuration.
                http://pmd.esignal.com/AG9/builds/64..._20060322a.exe
                Please PM me directly if you have any installation needs or requests.

Thank you,

Brent

Comment

Working...
                X