New Real Time User - Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Real Time User - Ideas?

After using GET EOD for the past ten years, I am beginning a 30 day trial of the Real Time version. After two days, I am overwhelmed by the possibilities. Type 1 Buys on 1-3-5 minute charts are Type 1 Sells on thirty or sixty minute charts. XTL triggers are a little less conflicting, but, which time frame works best?

I like to day-trade stocks, scalping 1% quickly, doing it multiple times a day.

I only have 30 days (now 26) to evaluate this and any ideas or suggestions from those of you who have been using the real time version for awhile would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

A

Hi apharris,

Welcome aboard! There are a few resources that you might find handy, (in addition to the many experts who frequent this forum). Here are a few short online videos that may shed some light on the intraday use of the Advanced Get studies. Hope this helps.

Advanced Get Audio / Video Training

Comment

Hi A

I was wondering something, you said that you like scalping but you have end of day e-signal right now, do you have another data feed.
      In the old days advanced get use to let you go to there classes as many times as you wanted once you paid the fee, and I have been to each class three times, I figured it came to my city why not.
      I'll tell you they were great classes, but even the teachers don't use the XLT, type 1 or alot of the things they teach.
      The teachers know what they are and are aware of them when they are happening, but in real time short trading they are doing other things like trend line breaks, the gann boxes and a lot of stocastics crosses. Basically what works for them.
      You can really get caught up in all of it, and they were great classes with even better teachers but in real time trading you will probably use the mobs, and the elipses, but use what works best for you, obviously it would take a book to expain trading.
      I hope this helps.
      Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

I used to use End-of-Day GET, but now am on a 30-day trial of whatever this real time streaming eSignal with Advanced GET is called. I use the same GET tools as before, but with ten different time frames, I get too many conflicting "Type 1" trades to have any confidence in any one of them.

That leaves XTL and False Bar Stochastic as the other two tools I found so useful in the good old days of the 1990's bull market. Again, the multiple time frame issue emerges. Is it better to simple pick one time frame, say 5 minutes, and trade orthodox XTL and FBS? Or do folks find that confirming multiple time frames helps? Or is there another tool that I shoul dbe looking at?

Enough trial and error and I probably could figure it out. But it took me about one year to become proficient on EOD GET, good enough to make a living at it. But now, I'm also trading my own scalping system along side learning streaming GET, so I was hoping to save some precious R&D time by posting my thoughts and questions here and getting some advice from those who have already spent the time with this streaming program.

A.

Comment

I like the FBS (False Bar Stochastic) for short-term trading. I've been trying it the past few days on the QQQ. With so many time frames to chose from, it has taken a lot of time comparing performance, including some "double stochastic" ideas using multiple time frames. It ends up that a simple 5-minute FBS works very well, using the False Bars to filter out trades and in some cases, staying Long or Short for the duration of the false bars. With trading commissions so low (Interactive Brokers), scalping 8-10 cents on the Q's a few times a day adds up nicely.

Comment

Working...
          X