pivots with get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pivots with get

i just started the get studies friday afternoon after the market was closed.
    my questions pertain to the get pivots.
    are the pivots displayed real time,or with a time delay or
    eod.
    i ask the same question of the elliot wave.
    thanks in advance for your reply

gpoe0503
    The Get Pivots are computed in real time, however they appear on the chart a few bars after where they are marked.
    Elliott Waves also are computed in real time but they instead are marked instantaneously ie as soon the program identifies the waves.
    Even if the markets are closed you can still view how Pivots and Elliott Waves work by using either Bar Replay or Tick Replay.
    For more information on either study see Help->Help Topics->Using Advanced Chart Windows->Advanced GET Premium Studies.
    Alex

Comment

gpoe0503
      Following up on my prior message, if you are unfamiliar with Bar or Tick Replay click here for a KnowledgeBase article on these tools.
      Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
        gpoe0503
        The Get Pivots are computed in real time, however they appear on the chart a few bars after where they are marked.
        Elliott Waves also are computed in real time but they instead are marked instantaneously ie as soon the program identifies the waves.
        Even if the markets are closed you can still view how Pivots and Elliott Waves work by using either Bar Replay or Tick Replay.
        For more information on either study see Help->Help Topics->Using Advanced Chart Windows->Advanced GET Premium Studies.
        Alex
        Hey, Alexis. When you say a couple bars, is it actually just a few bars or is it a longer period? I am using Power Pivots for Metastock and sometimes it will take 10+ bars to decided if a pivot is actually legitimate.

Comment

BakedWafer
          I actually said "a few bars" and not "a couple of bars". Anyhow it is usually anywhere between 5 and 10 bars in as much as a Pivot may be initially identified as a Smart Pivot and subsequently confirmed as a Pivot of that degree or (at times) modified to one of a higher degree.
          Alex

Comment

Working...
          X