Advanced GET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced GET

I don't know who to address this to so I'll leave this open. Has GET ever thought about a few more Elliot wave rules only for 60 minute or daily charts. The screenshot will explain what I mean and the quote is from Elliote Wave Principle.
    Attached Files

Triangles

We have done a lot of research on triangle patterns.
    Once they are complete it becomes clear and is easily
    identifiable.

But, when they are in progess, this is a difficult task. Most of
    the time what you think are triangles end up being something
    else.

Since triangles are part of a correction, I would beg you to stay away from this pattern as corrections are were you tend to take bad trades. In the link below, I have written a document "Lesson Trading Strategies" that explains the areas were better trading oppurtunities exist.

Thanks
    Tom Joseph
    Advanced GET

Trading Oppurtunities

Comment

Semi-log vs linear

Didn't want to start a new thread for this simple question

Has anyone found a preference for linear vs semi-log settings in AGET and does it effect the studies in any way, can't see why it would.

Ssecondly is there anyway to set semi-log as the default price scale setting in EOD stand alone version??

thanks

donv

Comment

Log plots are useful if there is a large move in a security - usually these large moves only occur over long periods. Then a log chart will not distort the percentage move - a move of 20% is the same height on the y axis no matter what the starting price.

Comment

Ok thanks, so I assume there is no disadvantage to using semi-log all the time as a default???

donv

Comment

that is correct donV

Comment

donv
              With regards to your second question it is not possible to set the scale to semi-log as the default.
              However the next version of Get EOD, which is about to be released, will make use of templates (similar to those in the standalone Get-RT). This means that if you save a chart as a template and that chart amongst other things is set to semi-log then all new charts created using that template will also have the semi-log scale.
              Alex

Comment

Alex, thanks

I did notice one problem with semi-log RTC when drawn are not uniform they seem to funnel out toward the end of the channel at least on a downward sloping RTC

I will go back to linear and only use semi log when a specific chart warrants it's use.

I also noticed on QQQ daily an upper trend line drawn longer term in semi log has the QQQ price well below the TL, in linear the same TL has price already broken above. It seems this would cause a problem when using TL or RTC as an entry or exit trigger

donv

Comment

RE: Reply to post 'Advanced GET'

A question for Tom Joseph:
                  Tom I downloaded your trading opportunities pdf and I laugh because the
                  areas in orange that you identified - the corrections are where I lose. So,
                  I have been looking to incorporate the ADX tool into my trade monitoring
                  system to have another visual alert of - don't here dummy.
                  I mean I am trading a breakout system and what I do is not follow the rules
                  or a pre-defined trading plan. Essentially, I overtrade and feed the floor.
                  Any comments are appreciated,
                  Harndog

-----Original Message-----
                  Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2003 10:05
                  To: [email protected]
                  Subject: Reply to post 'Advanced GET'

Hello Harndog,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Breakout trading is only successful when there is a trend.
                    The areas shaded in orange are corrective areas and you
                    seldom see any trend in these areas.

Somehow you have to make a commitment
                    to trade only in trending areas. The ADX could help with this.
                    I myself use the Tom's OSC setting of 5/35 and check for
                    weakness/trend.

In the next day or so, I when I see a real time example I will
                    post it.
                    Thanks
                    Tom Joseph
                    eSignal - Advanced GET.

You can download the lesson here:
                    http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...ies&groupid=20

Comment

Working...
                    X