Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• save/load pages

Hi

Another problem happens with my AGet. When I save my pages, I can create new folders and save the pages but when I load the pages, nothing shows on my screen except the page number and name on the bottom of the screen. I am using Ver.7.8 build 420.
    Thank you for your help again

Bernie

Bernie
    I just completed saving various Pages each one with several charts and stored in different folders and when I open them they all load the appropriate charts.
    Can you provide a step by step description of what you are doing?
    Alex

Comment

Alex

I load a chart, I apply a template,add some text and trend lies. I click on the "Page menu", click "save Page As", select a folder to save it in and name the new Page. I click "Save"
      I close Aget and reopen it. I click on the "Page" Menu, click "Load page" select the name of the page I just saved and click "Load Page" Nothing appears on my screen except for the number and name of the page on the bottom of the screen as shown in the attach file.
      Thank you for your help.

Bernie

Comment

Bernie
        I have repeated multiple times the same procedure exactly as you laid it out and every time the Page (or Pages) I have saved open up without any problems.
        You may want to try the following.
        Close AdvancedGET and move all the contents - including sub folders if any - of your Pages folder to a safe place. Then unzip the contents of the GET Page test.zip file which you can find here into your Pages folder.
        Start AdvancedGET and see if you can open the Indices Page in the Test folder. This Page contains two daily charts one for $INDU and the other for $COMPQ each with a few studies or Line Tools. Do the contents of the Page open up?
        To restore your original Pages simply delete the contents of the Pages folder and move back the files you had stored elsewhere.
        Alex

Comment

Alex

I followed your instructions and nothing loadsand I can open the Indices page. When I try to save my own pages, it does'nt save anything. If I leave the indices charts open and put a new chart on, then save the page as a new page, It only saves the indices charts but not the other chart I opened.
          Are we getting any closer???

Comment

Bernie
            At this point it would appear that something in the Save routines of the application got corrupted. The only solution I can come up with is to store your old Pages folder in a safe place, uninstall AdvancedGET, delete the GET folder and its subfolders and reinstall the program.
            Once that is done I would first verify that you can Save/Load Pages. If that works I would make a backup of the newly installed Pages folder (so that you can revert back to that one in case the old Pages folder also got corrupted) and then I would try bringing back the old Pages folder.
            Hope this helps
            Alex

Comment

Alex

I have done as you suggested and all is well now. Thankx again

Bernie

Comment

Bernie
                The pleasure is mine
                Alex

Comment

Working...