Adavanced Elliott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adavanced Elliott

i am sure the answer is obvious but can you trade advanced GET elliott on weekly charts??

regards

richard

Hi Richard,

The answer is yes. Elliott wave patterns can be traded on a weekly time frame. Depending on your timeframe and objectives, Elliott wave patterns can be traded on intervals ranging from 1 minute, all the way to monthly charts. The theory behind this is to focus on the wave count itself, not the interval. The interval simply determines the length of time in the trade, while the wave count determines the structure and potential outcome of the trade. Keep in mind that the wave count of a weekly chart will vary quite a bit from the wave count of a shorter interval (i.e. daily, 60 minute, 3 minute and so on.)

Comment

hi duane

thanks for that answer. i suspected that was the case.

can you also help me with this question. i read on the bulletin board that the advanced get numbers the elliott waves late. is this the case?

also, when running the scanner is there a way of limiting the scan to the first bar after a number 4 is posted to a chart?

and finally, is there a way of only scanning the s&p 500??

thanks

richard

Comment

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the post. In regards to Advanced Get labeling waves late, I haven't heard of this before, but I would definitely check the settings of the wave count. Depending on your targets, it could definitely change things. The differences between the Aggressive, Short term, and Long term can be quite significant.

In regards to the functionality of the scanner, basically when you are scanning for a particular wave, it will return any pattern that has just begun or is in the midst of the wave. At this point in time, the scanner won't look for a particular bar count past the labeled wave. I'll pass it along to the Product Development team for future consideration.

As to the scanner searching for all stocks within a particular index, currently, it does not have this functionality. The scanner will look for all stocks although it won't differentiate based on what index that particular stock may belong to. Hope this answers some of your questions.

Comment

hi again duane

thanks for the response.

i'll experiment with the settings but i am currently using the default.

when watching the training videos i noticed the demonstration of the original advanced get scanner which had quite a lot of user settings.

this is where i saw the facility to import the s&p list and scan those stocks only.

is this scanner still available?

thanks duane.

regards

richard

Comment

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...png&groupid=20

Comment

thanks sergio for that response.

i'll have a look at that and see what i can learn. i am obviously new to the advanced get studies.

have you been using them for a while and what sort of success have you had.

all the best

richard

Comment

If you are interested in my personal experience here it is:
                at the beginning I started doing trading using only moving averages and CCI, but I did not have good results. Then I studied Get, with all its rules, but the same, I did not get good results. The reason is not that get did not work, but because of my psychology. I was too much in hurry, I was not patient, I made too much operations, I did not respect the stops. I wanted to earn much and fast. But when you understand that your account decreases, then or you change, or you do another thing. Today I can say that to have success in trading means to find a good system that statistically make you earning, and then to apply it in a severe way. To establish before your risk- reward, and the most important thing is to give space to your private life to be calm during trading.
                To use get? Yes, certainely.but the most difficult thing is to modify our selves. I met people that earn with very simple systems, but they can to avoid to lose control of these machines to make on line trading, risking to become slot machines.
                Today I am still making the same mistakes as before, but I found a compromise: I respect the stops and after two bad trades I stop.
                Sorry for my English, I hope my message was clear, I did my best.

Comment

hi sergio

thanks for that comment.

your english is perfectly fine.

regards

richard from australia

Comment

Working...
                  X