How to add securities to AGET EOD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add securities to AGET EOD?

I have the latest version of AGET EOD, and when I installed it some time ago, all the futures and stocks I needed to refer to were already in the system. Now I would like to add some securities not listed, including some deferred futures contracts and not sure how to do it.

I use eSignalWizard as the data feed, and I assumed it would automatically add new futures contracts as they become tradeable and drop off expired contracts, but apparently I was incorrect.

Can anybody help?

Hi

When was the last time you did a data download? To do this you go to file, data download, and then hit update now.

This may resolve your issue. Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Comment

Hi GrantD:

Yes, I perform the download exactly as you stated. Even though I do this, I don't get securities such as YM (e-mini DOW) or even NQ (e-mini NASDAQ).

Comment

I haven't used AGET EOD in a while, but here is one idea. Go into the Issues menu and click on <Rescan> . Do newer symbols now show up? Another idea is to go to <Data Paths> and just <OK> it. This forces a rescan of data file directory again and it should now recognize newer added symbols, I think?
        Marc

Comment

Thx, MR. I tried your suggestions, but still no go.

Comment

Hi logikos,

What version of Advanced Get EOD are you currently running? The latest version is 7.8, build 420. Can you confirm this is the version you have? Please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by DuaneG
              Hi logikos,

What version of Advanced Get EOD are you currently running? The latest version is 7.8, build 420. Can you confirm this is the version you have? Please let me know.

DuaneG:

I do have the most current version (v7.8, build 420), which I downloaded late last week.

Comment

logikos,

I don't have a list of the symbols Wizard supports, but suspect if you rescanned the database and it still isn't showing up, the data may not be there. I thought AGET/eSignal use to support those symbols, but honestly don't know anymore.

Try checking for it in what is 'Online' mode?

The latest version of Advanced GET that includes the eSignal Wizard data service, has a feature that allows you to connect to a delayed server over the internet to update any active charts on the screen with current data delayed 20 minutes. It also allows you to see data that is not collected to your local history data. For instance, Mutual Fund charts, or Options quotes are not collected in the eSignal Wizard history data, but you can see this information while in Online Mode. You know that you are in online mode if you see these two green lights in the lower right had part of the Advanced GET screen.

Offline mode is what all other customers see unless they subscribe to the eSignal Wizard End Of Day data service. The program will look normal without any green lights at the bottom of the screen, and they will only be able to chart data that is setup in the Data Path and saved on their local hard drive.

You might want to call eSignal and talk to their AGET tech support if you need more help.

If those symbols are not supported, maybe they could be added to the database?

Again, I don't know for sure, am only offering ideas to help give you something to work with until someone smarter can get solve your problem.

Marc

Originally posted by logikos
                Hi GrantD:

Yes, I perform the download exactly as you stated. Even though I do this, I don't get securities such as YM (e-mini DOW) or even NQ (e-mini NASDAQ).
                Last edited by MR; 10-28-2004, 11:33 AM.
                Marc

Comment

Working...
                X