• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $INDU, W - Nice Type 1 Buy & Bullish Flag

Attached Files
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Very nice analysis Jay....this one was textbook.

Comment

Re: Bull Flag

I'd like to just add that from a non-elliot perspective, if the bull flag scenario is correct, the "measured move" projection on the S&P is 1435.05 (which I think computes to about DOW 12,100). From stockcharts.com chart school:

" The Measured Move is a three-part formation that begins as a reversal pattern and resumes as a continuation pattern. The Measured (Bull) Move consists of a reversal advance, correction/consolidation and continuation advance. Because the Measured (Bull) Move cannot be properly identified until after the correction/consolidation period, I have elected to categorize it as a continuation pattern. The pattern is usually long-term and forms over several months.

Continuation Advance - Length: The distance from the low to the high of the first advance can be applied to the low of the consolidation/retracement to estimate a projected advance. Some technicians like to measure by points, others in percentage terms. If the first advance was from 30 to 50 (20 points) and the consolidation/correction was to 40, then 60 would be the target of the second advance (50 - 30 = 20 : 40 + 20 = 60). "

Regards,
      Jim
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X