I want to use search to find falling stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to use search to find falling stocks

Like KKD which has been going down. I've been playing with the search variables using "new low" and 'price range' but not much success. Any suggestions about what I could use? Thank you in advance.

Re: I want to use search to find falling stocks

Originally posted by bbchris
    Like KKD which has been going down. I've been playing with the search variables using "new low" and 'price range' but not much success. Any suggestions about what I could use? Thank you in advance.
    What are you scanning with?

I have the Advanced GET EOD software with a built in scanner. I scan on PTI > 40 and combine that with the Wave that I am interested in trading. This way I get stocks that have a strong trend to begin with. I am using TCNet for my data so I have already pre-selected stocks that are in my price range that have a 21 trading day average volume of 500K.

Lately, I am only interested in shorting and am currently in BBI from $9.80 (500 shares) and just entered a small probe short (100 shares) in ARXX at $10.02. My target for BBI is $8.61. I will add to my position in ARXX if it breaks support in a meaningful way.

Hope this helps...
    Tom
    "Run with the Bulls, hunt with the Bears."
    Tom Keough
    Tampa, Florida

Comment

Thanks for that. I see what you mean. ALso I'm browsing your website - nice looking! Shame I couldn't choose my own password to use. I'll never be able to remember that one that was given to me!! haha Thanks for the link!

Comment

Change password...

Originally posted by bbchris
        Thanks for that. I see what you mean. ALso I'm browsing your website - nice looking! Shame I couldn't choose my own password to use. I'll never be able to remember that one that was given to me!! haha Thanks for the link!
        Login to the web site and from the menu choose, "My Account" and then choose, "Edit your information". At the bottom of the page enter your preferred password in the two boxes and then click on "Save Changes" (your password must be at least 5 characters long). That's it!

By the way, I added to my ARXX short position at $10.19 and it has been working out nicely. See the chart.

Intrest rates for the bond market went up yesterday and if this trend continues as I believe it will, we will be shorting for some time to come. I am scanning for shorts in the Finance sector.
        Tom Keough
        Attached Files
        Last edited by tkeough; 03-10-2005, 05:24 AM.
        "Run with the Bulls, hunt with the Bears."
        Tom Keough
        Tampa, Florida

Comment

Tom,

Hope you don't mind, but I was reading your post below and decided to join CuttingEdgeTrader.com Since I have always worked for a cutting edge software company, really appreciate the web name. Not much time right now to play with website, but promise to come in more later. It looks nice. Thanks.

Marc Rinehart
          Marc

Comment

Thanks Tom! I appreciate the clarification! I will explore more this week! Rock on and stay cutting edge!

Chris B

Comment

Working...
            X