Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question?

I have an idea and I think it would work but I can't seem to figure it out.
    I use elliott waves all the time and what i would like to do is to use a 5 min chart but somehow show the 1 min line chart on top of the 5 min, so I could see the subwaves. I count them and get tired of looking back and forth from screen to screen.

I don't know anyway to do that, but what I thought now that 7.9 is out is to take a very fast moving average of say the one min chart and then put it on top of the 5 min chart, then I would see a very close variable of the one min chart on top of the 5 min chart but for some reason I have not been able to make this work, any help would be appreciated.
    Mark

Mark

...take a very fast moving average of say the one min chart and then put it on top of the 5 min chart, then I would see a very close variable of the one min chart on top of the 5 min chart...

You would not be able to see all of the lower interval's data points on the higher interval chart because by definition its resolution would be limited to that of the higher interval. Hence you would only see one 1 minute data point for each 5 minute bar. In the enclosed chart you can see a 3 period moving average based on 1 minute data and plotted on 5 min chart
    Alex

Comment

Hi Alex

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. As always I appreciate your help, your the best.
      Mark

Comment

Working...
      X