Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to access GET studies from efs - function reference

Hi,
    where can I find a reference of the AGET indicator function names, parameters and return values?

e.g. how can I access the XTL study, JTI, etc from efs?

It seems to be possible as in in the Auto-Fib, Auto-Mob ... efs studies. Good examles!

Thanks.
    Mike

(late again)

I answered this question twice before, but with the new layouts I can't find it!

Anyway, here is a list of the functions. There are some new ones that are not listed here, as well as the ability to get more data from the Elliott function, but it is mostly complete.

Garth

GetOscStudy(nMavg1, nMavg2, Strength)
    OSC
    UP
    DN

GetRSIStudy(nLength, PriceSource, nMavg1, bExp1, nMavg2, bExp2) RSI MAVG1 MAVG2

GetStochStudy(nLength, nMavg1, nMavg2)
    STOCHK
    STOCHD
    MARKS

GetJTIStudy(nBand1, nBand2, nFast, TrendLength)
    JTI
    COLORS

SHORT
    MEDIUM
    NORMAL
    LONG

GetMAStudy(nLength, nOffset, PriceSource, bExponential. dPercent1, dPercent2, bOptimized); MA BAND OPT1 OPT2

GetBiasStudy(Filter, Mode)
    BIAS

NORMAL
    TIGHT

GetParabolicStudy(dStart, dIncrement, dMaximum)
    STOP

GetPivotsStudy
    PIVOTS

GetElliottTriggerStudy(Term)
    TRIG
    OSC

GetElliottStudy(nNumBars, nPct4Overlap, nPct1LenOf3, nMavg1, nMavg2, Alternate) WAVE W5PROJECTION1 W5PROJECTION2

GetXTLStudy(nLength)
    XTL
    Garth

Comment

You most certainly did.
      Here in fact is the result of a Search on "GetOscStudy(nMavg1, nMavg2, Strength)"
      http://forum.esignalcentral.com/sear...der=descending
      Alex

Comment

All I could think of was that GET would both not be allowed (three characters) and even if it was I would GET a whole bunch of hits.

Thanks Alex.

G
        Garth

Comment

Hi,

This is realy cool and may "incite" others to subscribe to GET. I know will convince me to stay after the trial period, if I can use of them.
          I recommend advertise it.

Two questions:

1. Can anyone give a simple example of how to use the GET studies? We declare them as the regular studies, or we call them as functions?
          NOTE: I assume that the values listed under each study in the list are their methods that we can choose from. Correct?

2. Pivots: With Get we are asked to choose the level of Pivots (Majors, Primary, Interm, Minors).
          How do we make the disctinction when called from efs?

Thanks,
          Mihai
          Last edited by mbuta; 05-03-2003, 10:14 AM.
          Mihai Buta

Comment

Mihai,

1. Pivots: With Get we are asked to choose the level of Pivots (Majors, Primary, Interm, Minors).
            You just get them all in EFS, and you choose which you want to process...each pivot type will return a different value to the study, so implement your study with those values of interest.

2. If a GET study returns more values, how do we choose the one we want?
            Can you give me an example of what you mean?

As for example of code, Matt Gunderson has posted a few. A search for the GetPivotStudy led me to it Here

I believe you must be running a fairly recent version of the beta for these to work (note that he is using one of the newer and undocumented calls in them).

If you have other q's let me know...I have done a fair amount of work with the AGET and EFS.

G
            Garth

Comment

Boy you are quick, Garth!
              Thank you for information. I will look it up and try.

eSignal Version: I run the latest (official) release (7.2 Build 544).
              Is this good enough?
              I already saw that I need Build 566 or higher.
              Where can I get this, if it is not published yet?

Related question:
              Is the "Auto Trend Channel" available to use from efs?

Thanks again,
              Mihai
              Last edited by mbuta; 05-03-2003, 10:40 AM.
              Mihai Buta

Comment

Mihai,

eSignal Version: I run the latest (official) release (7.2 Build 544).
                This should be good enough for the commands I listed in my posting, but I believe you need to be running the beta version to use the EFS Formula's that Matt supplied. If I remember correctly it wasn't until build 545 that the new commands started to appear. If anyone know's differently please feel free to correct me.

Is the "Auto Trend Channel" available to use from efs?
                I don't believe it is, I think MOB and Ellipse are currently the only linetools that are enabled right now. And currently you can't get data back from the linetool and into EFS, all you can do if automate the draw.

Garth
                Garth

Comment

Hi Spiker,

You asked me for an example on Pivots:

How do I check that the current bar is Pivot and, if yes, its rank (Minor, Interm, Primary or Major)?

Additional question: How many bars is the lag until a Pivot is identified (they must need some sort of "right leg" to determine if a previous bar was a pivot or not)?

Thank you,
                  Mihai
                  Mihai Buta

Comment

Mihai,

I'm not sure of the answer for your second question. The other part should be, how often does a pivot change from say minor to major...after all it is the length/size of the right leg that would determine this.

As for the first question, both Matt's AutoMob and AutoEllipse EFS formula's use pivots. I would use this as an example.

G
                    Garth

Comment

Originally posted by mbuta
                      I already saw that I need Build 566 or higher.
                      Where can I get this, if it is not published yet?
                      You can get the eSignal 7.3 Release Candidate (build 579) from here.
                      Regards,
                      Jay F.
                      Product Manager

Comment

GET Studies in efs.

Here are answers to some of my own functions, for others to use.
                        Hopefully, other users and knowledgeable people will help us build a comprehensive set of methods for GET studies.

The one published and circulated is incomplete and not up todate. For example, published studies use methods for Elliott Wave studies that are not menotioned there (mostrecentwave, mostrecentwavebarindex)

I recommend that you copy and paste the existing informations, so we have it all in one place.

GET PIVOTS
                        Usage
                        studyPivots = new GetPivotsStudy()
                        nPivot = studyPivots.getValue(GetPivotsStudy.PIVOTS, -n)

The type of the Pivots is reported as follows:
                        1 = Primary
                        2 = Major
                        3 = Intermediate
                        4 = Minor
                        If the value is negative, the pivot is a low, else they are tops.

Important: Up to last bar, pivots are reported as they happen, but in RT they are reported on the 5th bar AFTER they occur!!
                        Mihai Buta

Comment

GET: JTI returns incorrect values/BUG

When you compare the results of of the built-in JTI study, trend length = NORMAL with the results of the EFS code below, you will notice significant differences although they should return the same values ...

///////////////////////////////////////////////
                          var jtistudy = new GetJTIStudy(50, -50, "FALSE", "NORMAL");

function preMain() {
                          setPriceStudy(false);
                          setStudyTitle("JTI");
                          }

function main() {
                          var jti = jtistudy.getValue(GetJTIStudy.JTI);
                          var jticolor = jtistudy.getValue(GetJTIStudy.COLORS);

if( jticolor == 0 )
                          setBarFgColor( Color.black );
                          if( jticolor == 1 )
                          setBarFgColor( Color.grey );
                          if( jticolor == 2 )
                          setBarFgColor( Color.green );
                          if( jticolor == 3 )
                          setBarFgColor( Color.red );

return jti;
                          }
                          ///////////////////////////////////////////////

Cheers
                          Mike

Comment

Mike
                            The efs you posted seems to be plotting the JTI in Short mode.
                            In the image below the efs is on top (I changed the colors to the same as the ones in JTI) and the built-in JTI on the bottom.
                            Alex

Comment

You are right Alexis, it does show the JTI(short), I tried LONG/NORMAL/MEDIUM as JTI input but not the short. This means that the last parameter of

var jtistudy = new GetJTIStudy(50, -50, "FALSE", "NORMAL");

is not processed correctly by the GetJTIStudy function or that I am doing something wrong....

Cheers
                              Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X