Mov Avg search parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mov Avg search parameters

Hello. I am trying to trade Mov Avg's. Is there a way in AGET EOD that I can build a search to indicate when an issue is approaching, but has not yet passed, a pre specified MA?

Thanks for your help

Re: Mov Avg search parameters

retdguy
    The question is what you mean by "approaching" as that can be many things.
    Anyhow one way you can do that is by setting two search parameters one in which you check that the last Close is above or below the average (you can use a 1 period average of the Close as the proxy for the actual price) and another in which you check that the Close has crossed an upper or lower band set at a specified percentage. In the screenshots enclosed below the parameters are looking for price to be "approaching" the average from below. In the Search window BANR meets both these conditions and in fact in the chart you can see that the Close crossed above the lower band but is still below the average (ie it is within 1% of the average)
    Alex

Originally posted by retdguy
    Hello. I am trying to trade Mov Avg's. Is there a way in AGET EOD that I can build a search to indicate when an issue is approaching, but has not yet passed, a pre specified MA?

Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
    X