xtl price bar colour test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xtl price bar colour test

PJ909 i am trying to do exactly that. i try to enter a position on one minute bar changing colour with XTL and hope that 15 minute will change colour too. but 90% of the time i can't wait long enough for the 15 minute bar to change colour. i tried to back test using 15 minute on its own and it looks good but i have only tested couple of months. i want to test for the last couple of years. however esignal's formula wizard doesn't support xtl price bar colour.

does anyone know how i can get esignals formula editor to check to see if the bar colour is green or red? if i can find a way of doing this i will write a formula and backtest xtl

any suggestions?

many thanks
    tolga

Tolga,

I did some reasearch, and found that some XTL has already been done for the EFS. This link is for a post by Matt Gundersen awhile back, and I understand that Alexis may have done some futher work with it. I hope you find this helpful.
    I realize that this still does not solve your problem about taking the back testing farther into the past, but i hope you find this helpful.

Nate McCartney
    (pillagingpiper)

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...hlight=autoxtl
    Nate McCartney

Comment

Nate

Hi nate

Haven't you see that the EFS has been already posted by me in the previuos thread?

cordially
      Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Fabrizio,

that would be my mistake. Tolga had posted the same thing in several different threads. We just responded to different threads.
        Nate McCartney

Comment

thanks

Thank you guys!

i don't know how i managed to post the same thing twice (on different pages too!!) but you have been most helpful! (i must have clicked on the new thread link instead of post reply link)

i downloaded the formula and i'll let you know how i get on with it.

many thanks!
          tolga

Comment

Working...
          X