Stand alone vs. ESignal version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand alone vs. ESignal version

I have the stand alone version of GET. Is the ESignal version better? It has ATR now? I spoke w/someone at ESingnal and they said its less expensive too.

Keith,

most of the new development is going toward the version in eSignal. You also have the option of paying month to month, which is usually looked at as an advantage by the customer. The EFS is a huge bonus over the stand alone, and you have the benefit of having all your tools in the same program. If you have any specific questions about the differences between the two programs, please let me know. Also, if you'd like to see the program itself, let me know.

Nate McCartney
    (pillagingpiper)
    Nate McCartney

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Stand alone vs. ESignal version'

What's the EFS? How would I go about being able to see the program? Also,
      if I wanted to switch what would I do, wait for my subscripton to expire
      w/GET?
      ----- Original Message -----
      To: <[email protected]>
      Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 4:36 PM
      Subject: Reply to post 'Stand alone vs. ESignal version'

> Hello Keith,
      >
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      >

Comment

Keith,

the EFS is the eSignal Formula Script. This allows you to write your own studies into the eSignal program. With most software packages, you are limited to the number of studies and indicators in the software already. The EFS makes eSignal's study base virtually limitless.
        as far as seeing the product, i'd be more than happy to do an online demonstration for you to show you the product. Just shoot me an email at [email protected], and we'll set up a time to look at the software.
        As for the pricing, and how that would work with your current subscription, we would have to talk to the guys in sales. I'm not sure how that all works. Again, let's talk through email about this.

nate mccartney
        (pillagingpiper)
        Nate McCartney

Comment

Re: Reply to post 'Stand alone vs. ESignal version'

Isn't this just like Tradestation Easy Language? That comes with their
          trade platform. Big time less than what we pay for our software.
          ----- Original Message -----
          To: <[email protected]>
          Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 5:32 PM
          Subject: Reply to post 'Stand alone vs. ESignal version'

> Hello Keith,
          >
          > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          >

Comment

EFS uses Javascript Language for its programming. However, you do not have to be a Javascript programmer to use it. There is an EFS Wizard built into the eSignal program which makes it very simple to program indicators. Plus, you have this Bulletin Board and File Share from which to acquire studies programmed by other users and shared on this forum.
            Nate McCartney

Comment

Hey Alexis!

You're an old pro with both of these. From a customer standpoint, how would you compare the stand alone version vs the eSignal version?

Thanks.

Comment

Interestingly enough about a year ago when the GET studies for eSignal were just being released (and version 7.0 was not that much older) Chuck asked me a similar question on YahooGroups. Anyone who cares to see my reply at that time can find it here.

As to today, I think that Nate has been very conservative IMHO in his reply describing the advantages the eSignal version has over the stand alone. I personally think it is head and shoulders above the stand alone version in every respect.

On the GET side of things alone the graphical interface has improved tremendously with even more enhancements to come. One would only need to mention handles on tools as an example. But there are many more subtle and not so subtle differences that make the eSignal version a better program and that further those features that have made GET unique amongst trading applications. Time Templates, tick charts, chart types - other than just bar, candlestick or line - to which all the GET studies can be applied are just some of the improvements available.

In addtion to that there is the whole programming side of things (already mentioned by others) which I believe provides a quantum leap for this application and that has been the weak spot of the stand alone version.
                In the past this has forced some of the old(er) users to run a second programmable application alongside GET. That is no longer necessary.

Also with the integrated version one has available all the features of the eSignal application such as Quote Windows, Quote Boards, T&S, Pop-out windows just to name some.
                Lastly, another enhancement that is overlooked IMHO is how easily the eSignal version makes exchanging ideas and information with other traders through the complete integration with FileShare. This is a considerable benefit in what is otherwise a traditionally isolated (or isolating) environment.

If all the above were not enough here is a killer reason to go with the integrated version. NO MORE DONGLE!!!
                I am sure I am not the only one who left more than once on a trip and upon arriving at destination found out that they had forgotten the dongle at home.
                One thing though remains the same and will make all GET users feel right at home and that is the lack of an Undo command <VBG>

On a more serious conclusion I really do believe that this application is much better than the stand alone version and I feel that the divide is only going to increase.

Alex
                Last edited by ACM; 06-21-2003, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Better than Stand Alone

Keith

Till shortly had the AGET RT most recent build feeded by CQG.

Do not know whether the feeder or the GET, but since my early days in trial with the integrated sys. AGET works much better. More fluid, absolutely faster, no video cards conflicts. And the comfort not to shift screen and program ; furthermore you got all the advantages Alexis Montenegro outlined.

Cordially
                  Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

I'm still trying to get used to the different interface. The learning curve is inconvenient but not bad. Missing are pages, which I use to keep charts I'm interested in. I understand this concept is being implemented in the new version. Overall many new, enhanced features. I will like the eSignal version better when I get more used to it!

Comment

PJ

I'm using the latest build 602 wich has the pages and the autorotate as in AGET s.a..

Little advice: line tools icons on the screen : so you'll by pass the old habit...

Cordially
                      Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Is Standalone AdvGet still available?

Is the realtime standalone version of Advanced Get still available?

I find the uset interface on on Esignal leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

For who could be interested , I'm selling my ADVANCED GET REAL TIME. The contract first year expires around end November Beg Dec. This year .
                          I switched from the stand alone feeded by CQG to the ESIGNAL .

If anyone interested please let me Know.

Fabrizio
                          Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Working...
                          X