GET Scanner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GET Scanner

I am a new trader and new to Advanced GET. I need some help understanding some things in one of the sections of the GET scanner.

1. In the "Relative Strength" section immediately to the right of Period:, what does Comp. stand for and what is it's significance?

2. In the same section further to the right there is a "Filter Results"box which has beneath it "above" and "below" buttons with a box to enter a number. What are those for?

The above 2 specific items are NOT explained in the foundation video. Any help here is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: GET Scanner

kmacjd
    1. Comp stands for a composite of all the periods (3, 6 and 12 months)
    2. That allows you to filter the results based on the Relative Strength above or below the defined value
    Alex

Originally posted by kmacjd
    I am a new trader and new to Advanced GET. I need some help understanding some things in one of the sections of the GET scanner.

1. In the "Relative Strength" section immediately to the right of Period:, what does Comp. stand for and what is it's significance?

2. In the same section further to the right there is a "Filter Results"box which has beneath it "above" and "below" buttons with a box to enter a number. What are those for?

The above 2 specific items are NOT explained in the foundation video. Any help here is appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Alex but I still don't quite have a handle on it. Which "defined value" and what is the significance of whatever number goes into the box next to above/below?

Comment

kmacjd
        By "defined value" I mean the value that you enter in the box.
        With regards to what that value represents see the explanation in the GET Scanner Help page (scroll down the left frame to the Relative Strength link)
        Alex

Thanks Alex but I still don't quite have a handle on it. Which "defined value" and what is the significance of whatever number goes into the box next to above/below?

Comment

MOB

Once again Alex, thanks so much for your prompt and very helpful reply. Why on earth was that link you provided NEVER mentioned on the Scanner and Dashboard foundation video? Anyway, below are some questions about the MOB I emailed to esignal learning but haven't received an answer.

!. What is the significance, if any, of the 2 colors (zone 1 and zone 2) on the MOB?

2. Why is the marker (black square) sometimes on the top zone and sometimes on the bottom?

3. About 21 minutes into the GET Stochastic foundation video the viewer is referred to another video on "Pivots, Ellipses and MOB". This particular video is mentioned in at least 2 other foundation videos and yet I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance Alex.

Comment

Re: MOB

kmacjd

Why on earth was that link you provided NEVER mentioned on the Scanner and Dashboard foundation video?
            That is a question you will need to redirect to someone at eSignal.
            FWIW that Help page can be reached by clicking the Help link in the browser-based GET Scanner or from this article on the GET Scanner which is in the eSignal KnowledgeBase

!. What is the significance, if any, of the 2 colors (zone 1 and zone 2) on the MOB?
            You can find information on the MOB [and other GET studies] in the Advanced GET - Reference Guide for Indicators articles which are in the Advanced GET Edition-> Advanced GET Studies folder of the eSignal KnowledgeBase

2. Why is the marker (black square) sometimes on the top zone and sometimes on the bottom?
            The Marker is always located in Zone1 of the MOB and that changes depending on which pivot is used to project the MOB. If a high pivot then Zone1 (and consequently the Marker) will be on the bottom of the MOB and the opposite if the MOB is projected from a low pivot

3. About 21 minutes into the GET Stochastic foundation video the viewer is referred to another video on "Pivots, Ellipses and MOB". This particular video is mentioned in at least 2 other foundation videos and yet I can't find it anywhere.
            Again you will need to redirect this question to someone at eSignal.
            If as you indicate you have already done so then I am confident you will be getting a reply
            Alex

Once again Alex, thanks so much for your prompt and very helpful reply. Why on earth was that link you provided NEVER mentioned on the Scanner and Dashboard foundation video? Anyway, below are some questions about the MOB I emailed to esignal learning but haven't received an answer.

Thanks in advance Alex.

Comment

Thanks again Alex for your prompt response and for properly directing me to the answers to my questions. You are a great resource!!

Comment

kmacjd
                You are most welcome
                Alex

Thanks again Alex for your prompt response and for properly directing me to the answers to my questions. You are a great resource!!

Comment

Relative Strength

To add to Alex's reply on the Relative Strength questions earlier, here is a copy of the Help section in the scanner dealing with Relative Strength. It gives a complete overview of this section of the scanner.

The Relative Strength differs from the RSI. The Relative Strength is appropriately named because it provides a measurement of an issue's strength relative (as compared) to the market, a sector, or a group. A RS of 50 means that the issue is neutral or equal to the market, sector or group. Above 50, means the issue is outperforming, and below 50, it is underperforming. Strong RS values are associated with up trends, and weak RS values are associated with down trends.

These settings allow you to select, display, and filter by Relative Strength.

Display Relative Strength:
                  this allows you to display the selected Relative Strength information in the results table.

Period:
                  this allows you to select the period over which the Relative Strength is calculated, either 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, or a composite of all of these periods.

Compared To:
                  the allows the user to select the other issues that an issue is compared against: either just issues within the same group, the same sector, or against all other issues in the market.

Filter Results:
                  this allows you to filter issues based on the selected Relative Strength.

Above:
                  only show those issues whose Relative Strength is greater than the given number.

Below:
                  only show those issues whose Relative Strength is less than the given number.

Outperform:
                  only show those issues whose Relative Strength is greater than that of the selected indice.

Underperform:
                  only show those issues whose Relative Strength is less than that of the selected indice.
                  Nate McCartney

Comment

Get Scannner

I appreciate your help on this Nate. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X