Search backups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search backups

My laptop is dying and I have to send it in for resuscitation, which I fully expect to destroy most of my data.

Is there a way to backup searches? Are they in the dat folder in the Get folder? If I copy the dat folder and then copy it to a new installation will all my portfolios, etc. show in the new install?

Thanks, Matt
    Cheers!

Matt

Matt,

You should save both the C:\GET\DAT folder and the C:\GET\PAGES folder. The DAT folder houses all of your user settings, as well as the defaults, search criteria, and portfolios. The Pages folder houses all of your saved pages. Once you install the program on the new computer, copy these folders back into the GET folder, telling the computer YES when prompted to replace the existing folders, and you should be right back where you started, minus the problems you were having with the computer itself. I hope that is helpful.

Nate McCartney
    Nate McCartney

Comment

Nate,

Thanks for your help! Now if my laptop will only survive, although I've seen some really nice new ones......

Matt
      Last edited by mattsb; 07-07-2003, 07:59 AM.
      Cheers!

Matt

Comment

I installed GET EOD on another computer and copied the DAT and PAGES folders from my laptop installation into the new install. My pages were there but the searches didn't make it. They must be stored elsewhere in the program. I guess it will be good practice to re-write them.

Life goes on! Thanks, Matt
        Cheers!

Matt

Comment

Matt,

That's odd. The file parameters.dat should house all of your search parameters. I just tested it, and my parameters transferred to my new install. I'm not sure why it would not on yours. Try just copying that specific file from DAT folder to DAT folder, and see if that makes any difference. I'm sorry for the extra work, but you're right: repetition is key in learning this stuff!!

nate
          Nate McCartney

Comment

Hi Nate,

Thanks for looking at it again. I copied it a second time and it worked like a charm this time. No telling what didn't work the first time. It's all there now.

Now I'll have to write some new ones for practice and profit.

Thanks, Matt
            Cheers!

Matt

Comment

Working...
            X