GET Elliott Waves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GET Elliott Waves

I'm very pleased with GET Elliott Waves and would like to define strategies using this indicator. How can I use this indicator as the cursor window does not include actual EW count?
    Is there any function which gives the current position (1-2-3-4-5-A-B-C)?
    How can I insert the PTI in a strategy? Is there any defined function which return this value?

Thanks

Re: GET Elliott Waves

The only way you can see the AGET Elliott Waves is on the chart when loaded properly. They show up next to the data bars. You cannot see them any other way such as in a cursor window. They are visual tools and have no other value if used in any other manner.

Within an existing Elliott Wave count you cannot change a wave count unless you change the number of data bars loaded, or the calculation start point, or the level of Elliott Wave structure you would like to use. We did develop a PTI study tool you can access if you wanto only check out retracements for PTI related information. To access that study right click on a chart, highlight "Line Tools" and migrate your mouse over to the new menu that shows up... select the "Profit Taking Index" selection, apply this calculation from two locations to activate a manually applied PTI.

Some other Elliott Wave instructions below to play with if having problems....

If you are using the Advanced eSignal version right click on a chart, highlight "Advanced GET Studies" and select in the next menu "GET:Elliott Waves" to see the Advanced GET Elliott Waves on a chart.

If you want to edit your Wave count right click on a chart and select "Edit Studies" to play with your Elliott Waves. Select in the white Study window "Elliott Waves" to edit or change the settings.

To change the Elliott Wave calculation start point right click in a chart and select "Line Tools" and then highlight "Localized Elliott". This will allow you to start your Elliott Wave calculation at different points on a chart. When you do this you can get different wave counts. This is another way of experimenting with your Elliott Wave structures.

If you cannot find these features on your chart, or if they are grayed out it may mean you are not enabled for these add-on features. If you are paying for these add-on features email or call eSignal support for more details how to get the program to work correctly for you. It is possible you do not have the features enabled.

You can always return to the Elliott Wave menu and edit the settings until you get the results you are looking for. If for some reason you are unhappy with the results you can always return the calculations to the default settings by selecting "Restore Default" when highlighting "Elliott Waves" within the "Edit Studies" window.

If you wish to learn more about how to apply better this tool to your trading there are some articles I wrote you can check out at this link-- http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...er=&groupid=20

When in this file share location go to the left and select a directory, click on the topics that interest you, click one more time on the article of file you want to review to learn more ideas or strategies designed to work well with Elliott Wave theory.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Vermaut
    I'm very pleased with GET Elliott Waves and would like to define strategies using this indicator. How can I use this indicator as the cursor window does not include actual EW count?
    Is there any function which gives the current position (1-2-3-4-5-A-B-C)?
    How can I insert the PTI in a strategy? Is there any defined function which return this value?

Thanks
    Marc

Comment

Working...
    X