Dynamic Trader from Miner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Trader from Miner

I have GET EOD but one of my friend is saying DT is better in some of its features. Can anyone who have tried both GET & DT give me an honest answer?

Thanks.

Roger,

Since no one has yet to respond to your question, I will interject at least a hello to let you know there is someone out there, and share what I do know.

I find that Advanced GET is all I have ever needed, and with eSignal working hard to add more features, I am even more excited using just our software... if they ever add my "Money Management Portfolio Utility" function idea, then I would like to take the eSignal/AGET software to heaven with me someday and trade with it forever because that is all I would ever need. {hey Chuck, do we have a server that can reach that far?}

All I know about Robert Miner's software is a customer did tell me he had a good software program.

I do remember-- I think it was '92-- when trying to hone my trading skills, I entered a 3-month national Futures contest in Investor's Business Daily and finished 5rd using just the older MS-DOS Advanced GET software. I didn't know half what I now know, and our program has gotten even better since then. Robert Miner may have been the only contender whose name I recognized at the time. If it wasn't there, it might have been the USA Today stock trading contest where I finished in the top ten for that 3-month contest, and we didn't even focus on stocks then. (I only say this to establish credibility for AGET. When an average guy like me can be successful using it, it has to be a good product.)

As for Robert Miner, he has good math credentials. I honestly have never heard a bad word about him. This is rare in our business, so I respect him.

I understand Robert loves Brazil-- just as I do-- so he must be a pretty decent person. I would like to meet him someday and compare trading ideas and Brazil memories.

(Bob, if you are out there: oi meu amigo! tenha um bom dia! Mantenha para cima o bom trabalha. A esperança encontraá-lo someday!)

Again, Roger, I apologize if this is not much help for you, but I didn't want you to sit here waiting for a reply.

Best wishes, good luck, and I genuinely do really hope someone out there can better help you in your search for information.

Sincerely,
    Last edited by MR; 07-30-2003, 07:26 AM.
    Marc

Comment

Roger,

I spoke with Matt Bowen here in the Advanced GET office, as he has used just about every software package out there. He said to give him a call here in the office, and he would be more than happy to give you a 30-day trial of the software, and was certain that DT would do the same for you. He said your usage of each would be the determining factor in which you would choose, as they each have a distict "feel" to their charting. You can reach Matt at 330-645-0077.

Nate McCartney
      Nate McCartney

Comment

Re: Dynamic Trader from Miner

Originally posted by Roger
        I have GET EOD but one of my friend is saying DT is better in some of its features. Can anyone who have tried both GET & DT give me an honest answer?

Thanks.
        Roger

Just my opinion : I know half of the half that Marc knew in 1993 , but as an and user of AGET RT I'm more than happy with it; expecially now with the recent integration with ESIG platform has extended it's efficency and capabilities. ....
        Nevertheless I admire Mr. Miner for what I read of him and about him ( through Mr. Pesavento books)

Cordially

[Eu Senor Marcus , voce faila portuges tamben.... ]
        Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Re: Re: Dynamic Trader from Miner

Oi (Hi) Fabrizio!

My Brazilian Portuguese isn't that good, is it?

Hey, thanks for sharing what you know about Bob.

Take care, obrigado, ciao, marc

Originally posted by fabrizio

[Eu Senor Marcus , voce faila portuges tamben.... ]
          Last edited by MR; 07-25-2003, 09:39 AM.
          Marc

Comment

Senor Marcus

Ta' bom , muito bom....

Obrigado a vocè e ....um bom dia.

Fabricio ( o' Paulista)
            Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Oi! Fabrizio,

Did you say you were originally from são paulo? (My translation
              ability is weak.) Brazil has very active markets for trading.
              Email me my friend and we can talk more. Thanks. (Obrigado!)
              Marc

Comment

Working...
              X