Giant spike messes upo Ewave count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant spike messes upo Ewave count

Possibly caused by the power outage, there has been a giant spike in the Swiss frank Forex charts recently. I cannot look at a lesser than monthly chart, as all the symbols will appear so tiny if you scale to weekly or hourly or even lesser time frames. This gigantic spike has messed up everything.
    It has also messed up the Ewave count totally, as for the software the giant spike, is counted as huge wave top.
    What can I do to have AdvancedGet, completely delete all the data right to spike. I tried a localized count, but the symbols still stay tiny if I go to a 60 minute chart and below and I do not trust the Ewave count anymore.

Tekunda
    While waiting for eSignal to fix the bad tick you can use the Bar Editor (right click chart->Tools-Bar Editor) and correct the spike(s) on the interval(s) that are most important to you (see for example attached 60 min chart)
    Alex

Comment

Tekunda
      Depending on the interval an alternative could be to use a temporary Time Template that isolates the bad tick.
      This would save you editing a lot of bars on lower intervals. For example you could set the Time Template to Start at 16:00 and End at 15:00 (all times EDT).
      This would essentially cut off the time in which the spike was created thereby restoring your charts and counts for the time being.
      Alex
      Last edited by ACM; 08-19-2003, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Here is a sample illustration
        of what Alex said earlier.
        Hope it helps. - mr
        Attached Files
        Marc

Comment

Working...
        X