Making portfolios from search results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making portfolios from search results

Newbie question 1. I've imported scans from TC2000 to a new portfolio. I've searched the portfolio for XLT breakouts. Now, how do I move the search results to a new portfolio (or page?) to follow these chosen issues? How do I move any interesting issue I discover (not from a search) to a portfolio to track it?
    Ques 2. Where do I find basic operational info such as this? The help button doesn't help here.
    wb

What you'll want to do is right click on your search results and select Make Portfolio - then just title it and you'll have another portfolio.

When you find interesting issue that you want to follow I would suggest bringing them up in a chart and then going to Page - Save Page as.. and saving them, this way when you reload them they will already have all the studies and indicators on them for you as they did when you saved them. If you put them into a portfolio then they won't.

You'll find a lot of information at the File Sharing

There may not be specific information on the search but it will provide other information that will become valuable down the road as you learn Advanced GET.
    Mark

Comment

RT Advanced GET Scans

Mark:
      If I understand your reply, in RT the best way to save an interesting chart is to make it as a page. And, you can also keep track of the instrument through setting an alert.
      The "make portfolio" appies to the EOD version.
      I appreciate your response as my chief compliant seen trying the RT scanner is the difficulty in monitoring portfolio. The ease of TC2000 in "flagging" stocks seems to be the "gold" standard.
      I guess another work around is to create a portfolio or quote page of all the stocks I find interesting and just manage it through out the day/week.
      Any feedback?
      Harndog

Comment

OK, thanks for the replies. I have no problem creating a new portfolio. Problem is getting issues into it. My search came up with 5 interesting stocks. How do I look at/track them? If I have 12, or 20, do I have to jump from the search window to a chart window, and back to the search window for the next one, 12 or 20 times? I think I'm misunderstanding what aGet means by Portfolio ...something different from what I've seen elsewhere. I simply want to easily and quickly move my selected stock list into a portfolio/folder/page so I can save and track those stocks. I'll have several lists to save, each with many stocks. I want to grab 20 stocks and make a list of them. Ques 1) Do I have to open charts one at a time to save them to a list?

When in the search window I double click on a stock and it opens it in a chart. I can save that chart to a 'page.' I then go back to the search window and double click on a different stock and the chart is replaced by that new stock. If I save that 'page' the previous page with the previous stock is lost. So I need to give the new page a new name. Now I have a bunch of pages, one for each stock. I would like one page, with multiple chart windows I could more quickly click on to see. Better yet, I'd like to see a list of stocks in my portfolio (or page as aGET apparently calls it) so I can simply click the stock and see its chart. Like TC2000 has. Ques 2) Is that possible? (Would also be nice to have ability to track profit/loss, entry/exit decisions and notes, too.)

I've occassionally been able to have several windows on a page, but when I double click on the stock in the search window, it replaces windows, does not add a new window to the list of windows. If it did, I could then save and manage that 'page' with all the chart windows. Ques 3) How do I add chart windows to the page, w/o replacing the current ones?

tia.

walt b

Comment

Waltb

Maybe I can tell you how do I manage it

Open in one screen the Scanner and let it perform its research.

Then in another screen or window open a "Quote Window" and put in all the relevant symbols I found.
          1) You can see the whole activity and perf.,
          2) can manage whatever you like from there.

Click on any of the symbol of the Quote window and open as many chart as You want, adding all the jewellery you like, and a "quote board window".

I do not use the Portfolio : you can add the symbol in the portofolio and track perf. and the rest.

Save that page as you like

When needed recall the page :
          you got the Scanner in the middle and all the other charts already open to be checked (maybe on another screen)

Perform a new scan and add or delete symbols.

Takes max 15 min . firts time to set up the page
          afterwords I'm perfectly set on :
          a) scanning
          b) analisys
          c) perf. track.

I hope it helps.
          Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Thanks, Fabrizio, I'll give that a try.

wb

Comment

Working...