Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!!!!! Time Templates For Elliot Trading ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!! Time Templates For Elliot Trading ?

I think i've got a major problem here i've set my time template for 14:30 till 21:00 which are the timing for US trading in europe .i also made sure that i forced the number of bars as 1000 in order to make sure the elliot count is correct . However if i put my time template on the dynamic mode i get completely different oscillator pattern as seen in the diagrams below what is the correct template to use ???

any help would be appreciated( as long as it is correct )

SORRY wasn't SURE HOE TO PUT 2 PICS HERE SO I PUT ANOTHER PIC ON ANOTHER POST (IF YOU CAN PUT 2 PICS ON ONE THREAD HOW???)
    Attached Files

silverxx12
    The reason you are seeing different wave counts when using different Time Templates is that the study begins the wave counts at different bars and the bars themselves are different.
    Following are the same two charts as yours on which I am running a simple efs that tells me where the count begins. Notice on the time axis of each chart the day and time where this happens

As to the Oscillator having different plots that also is due to the fact that the data in the two charts is different when using those Time Templates.
    Enclosed below is the efs that marks where the EW study begins its count.
    Hope this helps
    Alex

PHP Code:
    function preMain() {

setPriceStudy(true);

setStudyTitle("Bar Count");

setShowCursorLabel(false); 
    }

function 
    main() {

if(
    getCurrentBarIndex()==-299){
    drawTextRelative(0,0," EW count begins here at bar# 300",Color.magenta,Color.white,Text.BOLD|Text.LEFT|Text.RELATIVETOTOP,"Arial",12,0);
    setBarBgColor(Color.magenta);
    }

return;

Last edited by ACM; 09-10-2003, 05:41 AM.

Comment

so which one is correct thats what im not sure about it can make a very big difference since some instances will result in too much of an osc pullback therefore id usually go and look for another ?

i really dont know what i should do?

Comment

Working...
      X